#Design lovers - locally and globally group

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

#Design lovers - locally and globally group

This is to start a conversation to continue the designers and makers - locally and globally group. This group currently only consists of hosts that are designers or makers, or work in design including architects and interior designers. In the group members exchanged experiences, posted pictures of their space and talked about what was happening in their area. 

We now have the opportunity to expand the conversation and include guests as well who may be #designers,#makers, #architects or others who are interested in getting in touch with likeminded hosts.

If you are a host, introduce yourself and if you are a guest looking for something specific I hope that this community forum can become the place to look for. Until the groups stop functioning, this is the link to the group https://www.airbnb.co.uk/groups/180

28 Replies 28

So happy that you are transitioning this wonderful group over!

Thank you. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great idea @Dieneke0, I can't wait to see more responses to this.

Personally I am a big fan of architecture and design. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yes @lizzie , and many #Airbnb hosts have some lovely #architectural property as well as work in #design or even being an #architect. There is still time for the #designers and makers group to get used to posting here.

By the way, I wanted to insert a picture but how do I deal with the source?

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

So if you are a designer, maker or an architect or creative, introduce yourself to the others. We will also create other themes where you can post.

new place here not allowed to post pix????

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There shoiuld be but at the moment one only can do this via a link on the website. @Lizzie who can help us rectify this? we really need this. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dieneke0 and @David60,

Sorry I missed your earlier message. Yes, you can certainly upload images to your posts here, it would be great to see them here. You do this by clicking on the little camera icon in your post tool bar, which will then prompt you to upload your photo(s).

Dieneke, I think the 'source' issue you are having is linked in some way to login, therefore can you possibly check if you log out and then log back in again to the Community Center whether this is still displaying like this? I know you have posted photos here before, is this the first time you have experienced this?

Do let me know how this goes. Thanks so much. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lizzie and @David1

Yes that works. so simple. Well here is a design picture from London - Blaue Blume Sugar bowl by Undergrowth Design, a great present for Valentine's. It was also on a huge tube poster which features me in my home. The attached pictures shows me standing in front of the poster. More work from Undergrowth design http://ow.ly/XQBpK

AirbnbDFPosterTubeNov15_sml.jpg

Blaue_blume_sugar_bath_red_shoes_Undergrowth_design.jpg

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Reinterpreting the English Teatime Ritual... read more

BlaueBlumeGroupredshoes_sml.jpg

Julia-and-Tarkan0
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Hello Dieneke and everyone. I'm trying to understand how things are changing here. I think I'm invited to introduce myself? Here goes:

I am a British photographer and interior designer who hosts a collection of apartments in Galata, Istanbul. All the apartments are interesting architecturally and have been very sensitively renovated and furnished to make the most of their period features and architectural qualities. They really suit people who appreciate all things aesthetic and they're spaces that inspire creativity ...in a boho, creative  neighbourhood.

I can't see how to post an image here, but here's a link to some on my Google+ page, which gives an idea:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111947294658155500534/collection/4BDFX

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Julia-and-Tarkan0,

Lovely to meet you. Your apartments look wonderful, did you design all of the interiors for all of your collection? Is it difficult working with older buildings? 

It would be lovely for you to post some of your photos straight on to the CC, to do this, click on the little camera icon in your post tool bar and click upload - if when you do this and you don't see the upload button, but instead 'source' please try logging out and then back in again to the CC and this should then work. Do let me know if you are still experiencing problems with this. Fingers crossed that it is all fine. 

Thanks so much, Lizzie

--------------------

Architectural features respected.jpgCrisp white linens and eclectic aesthetic.JPG

Hello @Lizzie and @Dieneke0, thanks so much for your helpful replies. The trick was, as you suggested, to log out and then in again in order to upload pictures.

So here are 2 pictures that give an idea of our style. I'm posting the first one to answer @Lizzie's question about the difficulty of working with older buildings. I find it a joy to 'listen' to the building and its spaces and to respect its period architectural details, while bringing the space into the 21st Century. An example of a difficulty, however, would be sourcing authentic bits and pieces that have been lost along the way, such as the door knobs in 1860/70s Pera Place apartment in the top picture. If anyone knows where I could find something suitable for 4 doors like this, I'd love to hear: I've been searching for 7 years!

Regards,

Julia

Hello @Julia-and-Tarkan0 that is a great tip. I sometimes also search for ages to find what I want for my flat. My wish list. But in the end it is worth it. It isn't only the old bits of the period, my flat is part of an 1826 house built by Thomas Cubitt, which is Georgian, but also the furniture that I like and feel fit the Georgian Style. That way you end up with something that you really love and hopefully others appreciate it as well.