Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you celebrate Halloween?

Do you celebrate Halloween_.png

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all well.

Halloween is coming soon, and it is one of the events I really enjoy participating in. On the October 31, there's a high chance you'll be seeing people dressed as monsters and superheroes :-). Do you or other people in your area celebrate Halloween?

This will be the first time that I'll be celebrating Halloween in London, so I don't know what to expect yet—I'll be sure to have some sweets and decoration in place. Did you know that Airbnb also has a few accommodations with creepy stories?

But, let's get back to you: Are planning on celebrating Halloween, perhaps you're going to decorate your listing? On this theme, a couple of weeks ago @Huaai0 created a post about 'decorating your Airbnb house for Halloween'.

Please feel free to share your story and don't forget to share some pictures!

Trick or treat!

pablo (5).png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

12 Replies 12
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Huaai0 @Kimberly54 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Michelle574 @Steve2743  @Anne531 @Marzena4 @DeLex0 @Jiw0 @Allison116 @Kelly3 @Carol13 @Deana2, I thought you might be interested in this topic 🙂 

-----

Indeed, @Quincy. Bought a pumpkin today, hosting a Scottish couple. Live is great 🙂

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How was Halloween for you @Marzena4? Did you have any kids knocking on the door? 🙂 

-----

Not really, @Quincy. Though I saw a lot of young people getting ready for partying with some pumpkins and beer. 😉

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Valerie243
Level 3
Coquitlam, Canada

Last year we had a young couple from Germany staying with us in Canada for three weeks at Halloween.  We bought two extra pumpkins and gave each guest a pumpkin and a knife and a hands-on lesson in carving a scary pumpkin, and that night we sat with them in the front hall and let them hand out our candy to more than 100 local kids.  They had never experienced Halloween this closely before and actually said in their write-up it was one of the highlights of their visit (we got five stars across the board.)

This year our guests are followers of a religion that frowns on Halloween -- so we just put the whole thing on hold until next year (we don't have kids).  In our neighbourhood no pumpkin and no porchlight is a pretty strong signal that there's no candy! 

In both cases the principle was the same -- give the guest a positive experience

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

OK @Quincy  and others, what are you doing to celebrate Halloween?

Do you have any funny stories of your adventures of Trick or treating as a child?

We tend to have children from other areas come in to the suburbs where there's supposedly more money & better treats, why I'm not sure as we all have the same opportunities in life.

Do you have any great recipes to make for treats?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427!

I used to celebrate H'ween every year, but haven't done so for the past 2 years or so after I moved to London. Halloween doesn't seem to be that popular in my local area, however, I might drop by at a few friends for a catch-up. 

When I was a kid, I would go around trick or treating with some friends. We were experts in scaring people :-). 

To be honest, I do not have any recipes as I usually just gave the kids candy (I know I should give them something healthier). 

How about you? 

-----

Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

I put a few fun Halloween things up in our Airbnb's & give guests some trick or treat candy 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is how we decorated our house a few years ago 🙂 @Helen427 @Andrea-and-Francis0 @Marzena4 @Valerie243 

IMG_2295.JPGIMG_2296.JPG

-----

And I do not like Halloween. I am very afraid of all this evil, although I am an adult girl and I understand perfectly well that this is all unreal. But I am very impressionable and then I can even suffer from insomnia

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Quincy

In Morocco, we do not celebrate Halloween, but i know that many countries aroud the world celebrate Halloween every year. It is great tradition. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

No, not my style.