Elvis Presley Anniversary

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Elvis Presley Anniversary

It's the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death this weekend.

A fabulous singer to listen to his songs and a great distraction to current events in the world .

Do you have a favourite Elvis song?

If so, does it have special significance as to where you were living in your life at the time?

Have you visited that location since then?

Do you recall where  you were when it was announced that Elvis had passed on, if of course you are old enough to answer that question, if not maybe what your parents memories were of him & where they were?

All the best to those who are hosting in his home locations this week in these challenging times.

11 Replies 11
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Ann72 

@Fred13 

@Helen350 

@Lizzie 

@Quincy 

@Francesca 

@Ute0 

@Huma0 

"Jailhouse Rock"? 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Ooh, don't ask me @Helen427 , never saw the attraction..... (was brought up by parents born '32 & '34 who loathed him & his music & taught me to do likewise!)

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Helen350  Ditto - and @Helen427  - shouldn't this be in "Interests" instead of "Help"?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Ann72 , that's Beatles. Sorry, bad pun.

@Sandra126 😂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

For my 12th birthday my father bought me a record player and a Elvis record. Not because he liked Elvis, but I guess because he thought I would.

I appreciated the record player, but not Elvis. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Ann72  I'm so sincerely sorry if this is in the incorrect topic.

It comes up on this device with "Start a Topic" & no indication what the section is so that's how  it's posted where tis.

I'm glad you & @Sandra126  see the funny side of it 👩‍❤️‍👩, one can always rely on you two to keep us in line 😉

With all the doom & gloom in the world & other music focused topics I thought there might be some Elvis Presley fans out there who would like to share stories.

@Robin4 @Melodie-And-John0 @Mark116 @Cathie19 

@Mike-And-Helen0 

@Jane-And-Matt0 

@Inna22 

@Helen427 , I wasnt a big fan but Jail house rock was my fav!  His next concert was supposed to be in Utica NY about 30 minutes from here, the ladies in the area were mourning for a year or more after (some still are).  

@Helen427  No worries.  If you start in the discussion room where you want to post, it will get posted there.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427 

I'm afraid I'm of a generation who wasn't particularly influenced by Elvis and I don't remember my parents being fans. Of course everyone knew who he was, even though he had passed away, and I do remember TV re-runs of his early films but I honestly don't remember his records being played much even when I was a small child.

Suspicious Minds is probably the song that I would choose, but I'm guessing that's because I have a childhood memory of it as a cover version by the Fine Young Cannibals!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Just moved this post to Interests @Helen427 😃

I second @Huma0 here!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen