Enchiladas Mexicanas with Mole Almendrado Especial

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Enchiladas Mexicanas with Mole Almendrado Especial

This is what I ate yesterday in multicultural London at a friend's house. He is Mexican, his wife is Columbian, I am Dutch and the other friends are Mexican but live in Paris. Typical for London these days.

My friend made enchiladas with mole almendrado. Corn tortillas with chicken. cream, onions and mole sauce. Mexican rice with carrots and peas. Refried beans and guacamole (avocado, tomato, onion, coriander, lemon). Definitely one of my favourite dishes.

The bit of the plate by the way that you can see is from designer Ella Doran.

2016-06-01 21.17.43.jpg

4 Replies 4
Andreas-and-Anna0
Level 10
West Vancouver, Canada

Yum!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This looks delicious @Dieneke0!

As the weather is getting colder and colder I started making some 'Boerenkool' (I'm Dutch as well). I always struggle with finding the smoked sausages in London. I did notice that more HEMA stores are opening so I hope they will start selling some smoked sausages too!

If you have any recommendations please let me know! 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Quincy2

The smoked sausages I buy in Morrisons, but you can really get that in most supermarkets. It mostly is where the sliced hams etc are. Unfortunately the Hemas don't have smoked sausages, but they do have drop and a huge assortment of sweets. The biggest one is Tottenham Court Road. I haven't been there. I mostly go to the Euston one.

yes boerenkool is lovely and with the british obsession for kale it is easy to make.

As you are Dutcj tjere os a Dutch market organised by a Dutch society. It is monday 12 November from 12-15pm. It is at nederlandse kerk, 7 Austin Friars, EC2N 2HA. This is not far from Liverpool Street Station. Be early as things will go. They will have lots of things inc

lunch 9erwtensoep, also chocolate letters, kerststaven, kerststollen, drop, bitterkoekjes, pepernote, marsepein, taai-taai, rookworst, erwtensoep, ontbijtkoek etc etc. www.neerlandia.org

I am going early so might see you there. 

best

Dieneke

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh my!

That sounds amazing @Dieneke0 thank you so much for the tips :-). It's shame that the market is on Monday 12-15PM as it is during my working hours—I might have to take a day off some time to visit the market!

Can't wait to do some shopping!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen