Feedback on a service providing personal hygiene products for hosts.

Feedback on a service providing personal hygiene products for hosts.

I am looking for feedback from this community on if providing a service to purchase items like: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap for their guests. They would have a standardized professional look, relatively low purchase price (subscriptions for more savings), delivered to your home or property (shipping rates are difficult because of our Florida location). This store is all online.
I feel as if this would give amateur or professional hosts who wish to take some workload off or add in a service they do not currently provide.

What do you think? Suggestions? Would you sign up?

I'm not looking to advertise the business currently, I'm just looking for feedback from people who host (or guests) and may or may not provide their guests with this type of service. I see a lot of threads asking how to market to hosts with their awesome fresh new idea but never give anyone information about it for fear of idea theft.

Thank you all so much.

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Isaac93 For shower gel and handwash - your best bet is to buy some fairly upmarket product that is refillable  - then just keep an out for local sales of these products - it always looks to our guests like they have brand new items - so therefore I wouldn';t sign up for a lower price,lower quality item unfortunately

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Isaac93, I can understand that you may feel this is a future opportunity, and some hosts may like it.  However I am the type of host who is looking to reduce my use of single use items and in particular excessive packaging.

Using refill containers works best for me. I buy products in advance when they are onsale and top up guest supplies as required.  The rate of usage by guests is fairly unpredictable, so top ups and refills are economic financially, they take up  less storage space, produce less landfill, and  are more effient recycling. 

Also having more than one type of product allows guests to choose the product that best suits their skin and hair etc. If they squirt a bit extra into their own mini travel containers, I  don't care. It's no big deal if they leave happier and with a bit of extra shampoo in case they need it for their next venue.

Best regards 

Christine