[GAME] CC Spring egg hunt

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[GAME] CC Spring egg hunt

Quincy_0-1617707187837.jpeg

Hi everyone,

With Spring well and truly on the way in the Northern Hemisphere, many of us are starting to enjoy longer, warmer, and livelier days. In order to celebrate this and to pursue the celebrations some of you might have indulged in over the weekend, we prepared a little seasonal game we hope you’ll all enjoy:

🐥 A Spring Egg Hunt! 🐥  

A total of 30 chicken eggs 🐣 have suddenly started hatching, and have jumped off to hide in several threads around the Community on different boards:

Hosting: 20 eggs 🐣

Host Circle: 3 eggs 🐣

Interests: 7 eggs 🐣

Can you help find them all? 

There's a couple of rules for this one:

• Please post only 1 egg location at a time, per post.
  • In your post, please mention the thread title and link of the exact post where you found the egg, so we can keep track of progress. 

Have fun, and happy hunting !

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

83 Replies 83

Sorry @Helen427 I didn’t know the artist, but these painted eggs are really beautiful. 

This topic about the egg hunt surprised me a little bit because it came out after Easter. For me the egg hunt is only linked to Easter Day as the egg is a symbol of the new life. Since I was a little girl on Easter Day my parents hid eggs containing a surprise for us in the garden or in the house and we children had to find them. These eggs were made from cardboard, they could be opened like a box and inside was the surprise.
All my life I have maintained this tradition of my homeland, first with my children and still now with my grandchildren even if in Italy people never used to hide eggs for Easter. In Italy they use to buy chocolate eggs for children which contain a small surprise. 

My grandchildren have grown up now, the older ones go to university or work but when we are together at Easter they always have a great fun to look for the hidden eggs with the surprise of some chocolate and a little tip inside from grandma and grandpa.

568CCF25-CB64-48EE-93FC-C84D70E59733.jpeg

1A08E985-B523-4C69-A33E-994772C998D6.jpeg

Beautiful artwork / creations @Angela1056 

Ciao @Angela1056,

Grazie, Grazie Mille!

“ Since I was a little girl on Easter Day, my parents hid eggs containing a surprise for us in the garden of the house, and we children had to find them......”

“ All my life, I have maintained this tradition of my homeland, first with my children and still now with my grandchildren even if in Italy people never used to hide eggs for Easter.”

- Sincere heart touching life experiences 🌹

You must be so pound! 
Hat off to the Amazing grandma and grandpa.

Thank you @Dale711 😊!

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Angela1056 @Angela1056 so beautiful xxxx Thank you for sharing the story of your fascinating history to do with easter egg hunting!

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Angela1056 Hi Angela, it was interesting reading your chilhood memories and you tradition that you have kept with your family. The picture of the eggs remined me of the eggs I had seen as a child in NSW Australia. Maybe because of our Italian migration post war period and other family members followed.

The photo of the floral arrangement with the eggs on, reminded of my mother in law who always had an Easter eggs on skewers in her floral arrangements for her grandchildren (22 in total) when they arrived. Because there were so many she had several arrangements around her house. They were always there for when you arrived as some family members arrived on weekends before or after Easter.

We also had a luncheon in the sun or under the mulberry tree at Easter, which holds many memories of family gatherings at different times of the year. Often there could be up to 50 at times with 9 of her children, families and their friends.

At Easter the internet has enabled my family to come together with the Skype and messenger as my daughter lives across the ditch in NZ.

This Easter was my first as an Airbnb host with my first family had a 1yr old. I made a woven basket from a vine in the garden. I got up early and put it on the doorstep with some chocolate eggs and a rabbit cut in it for the little one.  My second family with an 3yr and 8yr old I put some choclate eggs on skewers in the cyclemen pot plant on the table with some little eggs in a small bowl. Also placed an Easter colouring book and pencils for each near the chocolate easter eggs. Which they started to do after a long car journey whilst I was showing the parents though the cottage.

Lastly, take care to all the hosts around the world with the Covid bug still hanging around in the air.

Thank you for sharing @Laurelle3 ! What a thoughtful, caring host you are! Our booking for Easter from a German family group was canceled due to the Covid restrictions as all our other bookings in April. We all hope in May the situation will improve here in Italy. We are already vaccinated!

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

No more egg hunting till the evening Now it is back to cleaning the cottage just waiting for family to leave. They havehad a fun family time riding their bikes on the cycleway around Jervis Bay in the sun.

But I have a question how do find out what your tally of found eggs or hatched chickens you have collected? @Quincy @Dale711 @Nick

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone!

Glad to see you enjoyed the game. Great efforts from everyone - it wasn't the easiest of games we've done.

Not every hatching egg was located in time, and we need to close the game now as they've all grown up chickens, eager to leave the nest and explore 😀

Oh, there might be a special something for one of you great detectives 😉