[GAME] Cities emoji quiz

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

[GAME] Cities emoji quiz

Map.png

Hey all,

I heard you’re all quite fond of games, specifically emoji quizzes, and this time it’s my turn! A little getaway is sometimes just the thing you need to get rid of those January blues still lingering about, so that’s exactly what we’re going to do. Let’s explore some cities around the world!

Can you identify the cities below by their emoji representation?

Cities emoji quiz.png

Have fun! 

-Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

61 Replies 61
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sybe 

13 - Athens

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I figured out more, like 19, but wait for others...

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Emiel1 The one and only! 😃 I think everyone knows about the Acropolis, but TIL Athens being over 4,000 years old it's had almost every form of government. 🧐

-----

I like 19 a lot!  Go for it @Emiel1 🙂

@Sybe 

18 - Bern 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Jessica-and-Henry0 Another correct answer! 😃 Bern's Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and Bern is the second greenest city in Europe (with Ljubljana being the first). 🌳🌱

-----

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Till-and-Jutta0 You're very warm, but not quite! Though Kyoto is beautiful too, for the correct answer we need to cross the largest and deepest of the world ocean basins: the Pacific Ocean. 🌊

-----

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Ah, Quito! @Sybe 

Capital of Ecuador.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Till-and-Jutta0 That's the one! 😃  A city surrounded by volcanoes 🌋

-----

@Sybe I was in Quito in 1978 and it was such amazing country and people...we traveled Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia - a trip to never forget....we were 2 months all over and often sleeping on dirt like hut/floors and riding in the back of trucks with kids, chickens, and massive amts of awesome people. There were no Airbnb's in those days, many times would have been so nice for a shower.....those were the days of being hip and way less picky, didn't have to eat on a schedule, and street food was the greatest....amazing that we stayed well. When in Quito we were walking around the city and suddenly there was gunfire and craziness and people scattering from right were we were in front of the school we were truly crawling beside the cars and quickly.....we jumped into a taxi for safety --- turns out it was a violent protest because of cost of Milk in the school. WOW....we got out of the way quickly. My story and colorful memories of Quito and other parts of South America. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Clara116 Thank you so much for sharing! I think street food is a great way to learn about a very important part of a culture, but what an adventure that must've been though. It almost sounds like a scene from an action movie!

-----

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

One more @Sybe -

4 - Manila

Regarding 3, @Till-and-Jutta0, I kept saying "key-toe" out loud but aside from Kyoto could only think of the fashionable Keto Diet 😂 😂 😂

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ann72 wrote:

I kept saying "key-toe" out loud but aside from Kyoto could only think of the fashionable Keto Diet 😂 😂 😂

@Ann72 You cracked me up with that one 🤣

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Ann72 Manila is a huge travel-destination for foodies so maybe you'll find some keto stuff there. 😂. (Manila is correct!)

-----