[GAME] What is your hosting personality?‌‌

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[GAME] What is your hosting personality?‌‌

Liv_0-1614008248421.png

Hey everyone,

I thought it would be cool for us to have some light-hearted fun while getting to know community members a bit better 😊

With that in mind, I came up with a quick quiz for us to find out more about your hosting personality. 

Here it is:

1. How do you start your day? 🌞

1. Having a lovely healthy breakfast and doing some yoga.
  2. Rolling up your sleeves to get some hard work done.
  3. You’re awake at the crack of dawn to add things to your list.
  4. The day doesn’t start until you’ve read the news and checked the CC.
  5. Who knows? Every day is different!

1. A guest has made some minor scratches on a piece of furniture. How do you handle it? 🔨

1. You reassure the guest that accidents happen and that you’re not upset at them.
  2. There’s no damage you can’t fix yourself. You just need to get your toolbox.
  3. 2 minutes after learning of the damage, you have already reached out to Airbnb and talked to a carpenter about the repair.
  4. You quickly log in to the Airbnb Resource Center and start doing some research on the best course of action.
  5. You invite the guest to go furniture shopping with you. Their treat.

1. How do you enjoy some time off from hosting (lockdown permitting)? 🏝

1. A relaxing day at a spa seems about right for you.
  2. Binge watching DIY tutorials online.
  3. Is this a joke? You enjoy being busy and don’t take time off.
  4. Vacation is always a great opportunity to lose yourself in your book collection.
  5. You’re either skydiving in New Zealand or going hiking at Yosemite. You’ll see.

1. You have just been awarded with a Superhost badge for the first time. How are you celebrating? 🕺

1. You’re thanking everyone that has helped you get there and thinking of how grateful you are for your accomplishment.
  2. You’re treating yourself to a brand new armchair. Made by you, obviously.
  3. You’re almost done planning a party. You just need to call the caterer and double check something with the balloon delivery guy.
  4. You do the math to see how you’ve earned the badge and to find out what numbers you’ll need to keep it.
  5. I’ll see where the night takes me.

1. You’re about to create your listing. What is your approach? 👩‍💻

1. No need to overthink it, you’ll just write what comes to mind.
  2. You do some last minute touch ups on your place so it looks great in the pictures.
  3. You have prepared a checklist of everything you need to make clear to guests so you don’t forget anything.
  4. You search for listings similar to yours on the Airbnb website to get a better idea of the best way to go about it.
  5. You’ll only write it when you feel inspired.

Now you can check your answers to find out your result! 🤓 📝

Mostly A’s: the zen host

Liv_1-1614008714507.png

No matter what life throws your way, you just take a deep breath, visualize flowers and rainbows and calmly carry on. No hosting disaster or demanding guest can make you lose your temper, you’re always tranquil and positive even in the eye of the storm. 😎

Mostly B’s: the fixer upper

Liv_2-1614008830107.png

DIY should be your middle name. If something needs fixing, you’re the person to call. You’re always coming up with different projects to improve your listing. If it involves a hammer, you’re in. 👨‍🏭

Mostly C’s: the multitasker

Liv_0-1614009728034.png

If you don’t manage more than one listing already, you certainly could. From cleaning to finances, you’re very used to juggling multiple tasks at once. Even though sometimes you feel overwhelmed, you always push it through! 🏂

Mostly D’s: the genius

Liv_7-1614009161490.png

If there were standardised tests on hosting, you’d most likely ace them all. You’re curious and always eager to learn more. You spend lots of time on research and enjoy using your Airbnb knowledge to help fellow hosts. 👨‍🏫

Mostly E’s: the adventurous

Liv_8-1614009221833.png

Is routine a word? You honestly don’t know. You’re always trying different furniture arrangements and coming up with ways to mix things up. A guest invited you out? You’re in. A fellow host proposed a house swap? Why not? You only live once. 🤠

Which type of host are you? Do you agree with the result?

Don’t forget you can be a mix of different personalities, too!

Have fun,

Liv

45 Replies 45
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Liv,

Here are my responses:

1. How do you start your day? 

c. I usually wake up early and mull over the Honey-Do list for me and Keep Cool to do.  Whether it's something personal, like starting a garden or updating the decor of the rental spaces, there is always a project to be done.  

1. A guest has made some minor scratches on a piece of furniture. How do you handle it?

b.  If it's minor, we can fix it ourselves.  That's just the nature of STR. 

1. How do you enjoy some time off from hosting (lockdown permitting)?

b.Binge watching House Hunters International on HGTV and Struggle Meals on TasteMade.

1. You have just been awarded with a Superhost badge for the first time. How are you celebrating? 

a. I was very happy, and thankful that the guests appreciated all of our efforts.

1. You’re about to create your listing. What is your approach? 

b, c, and d - I continue to make updates based upon experiences, my own and those shared by hosts here on the CC.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Nice, @Debra300! It looks like you're mostly a fixer upper with a touch of multitasker, is that right? 🏆

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Liv,

Spot on that's me.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Liv,

Cool game 🤗  The quiz was not only insightful and challenging but it was fun too. ...

Here my responses -

1. How do you start your day? 

d. The day doesn’t start until you’ve read the news and checked the CC.

Recently I addicted to C.C. Learning to be a better host, see things from a different perspective and

help me to be a more inclusive and interactive person.

2. A guest has made some minor scratches on a piece of furniture. How do you handle it? 🔨

a. You reassure the guest that accidents happen and that you’re not upset at them.

Who's care? I do not have expensive furnishing in the listing. Times to change the decor

3. How do you enjoy some time off from hosting (lockdown permitting)? 

c. Is this a joke? You enjoy being busy and don’t take time off.

I work 365 days

4. You have just been awarded with a Superhost badge for the first time. How are you celebrating? 🕺

f. It won't happen. I do not wish to spots the badge, I hope my guest to do not have high expectations of my services.

5. You’re about to create your listing. What is your approach? 👩‍💻

b. You do some last-minute touch-ups on your place so it looks great in the pictures.

The majority of the guest do not read the description, PICTURES are more important. Those are some of my personal thoughts.

Liv, please help?

I can't find the answer - d, a, c, f, b

Am I the worst host on Airbnb? 😂

I think I am...... lol

@Dale711 😂😂😂

So cute - love your honesty.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Dale711 😂 quite the opposite, it looks like you're a great combination of all! 👏

I'm glad to hear you had fun with it and that you have grown so fond of the CC 😊 

We're happy to have you here!

I agree with you about having @Dale711 here, @Liv!  🇫🇷

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Ann72 And I agree with you too that having  @Dale711  is a delight. She is a mystical magical person full of optimism and personal strength and assertiveness  xx

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Liv  Love it.  I'm equal parts A and D!

Salut @Ann72,

I totally believe you 

You're Awesome 👏👏👏

That's so nice - thank you @Dale711 and Dan!  🙂

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Dale711  I totally agree with you that @Ann72  is a wondeful person full of love and light xxxxxxxxxxxxx

@Mary996  You are so lovely - thank you!  I've so enjoyed your presence here, full of positive interest and curiosity and energy.  Wonderful.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Dear Ann

Thank you so much. Thank you for noticing @Ann72 ...!

I am now mostly enjoying being here because of the slowly increasing number of assertive women who include yourself and @Dale711  and sympathetic males but am still very distressed at the amount of unwarranted attacks on the founder members who are merely guys who had a very good idea and are of mixed nationality and other factors (but even if they were entirely white caucasian males the fact is things are changing appropriately and I do not see the leadership standing in anyone's way). Take the Women's movement ...It was men who made the eventual inclusivity possible. They gave way to women and supported the right to vote which we now enjoy. It wasn't necessary to execute anyone and I do not like to see these attacks on the leadership. It just comes across as unnecessary testoterone aggression and futility. Its also irrelevant as no constructive ideas are put forward so the grievances come across as expectations of shallow modelling, based on appearance rather than operational interest, and constructive pointing. Instead we need positive recommendations and the taking of responsibilty to keeping this ship afloat eg by responding to people coming in on the Help lines and participating perhaps on a rotated basis to staff the phones and to become more self help and economic in our measures to reduce Customer Service expenses whilst  improving the service by having clear Policies into which participants are trained to the highest standards.

Its actually been a bit tough, I have experienced bullying and hectoring (plus censorship which may have been due to the imposition of outside Policy - from Gov? ) but things are improving. And some karma is being dished out.

I think the leadership will be moving on to other money making schemes which unfortunately seems to be necessary so there are likely to be new slots coming up o the Board, plus we have the HAB as an additional means of communication so there's likely room for folk to get noticed if improvement is their genuine motivation. I am concerned however that we may actually be dealing with skilled disruptors...which is another matter.