GAME: Where in the world?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

GAME: Where in the world?

303194_MasonTrinca_1698_R.jpg

Hi everyone, 

We haven’t had a game for a while, and I thought this one would be apt: in these times, we’re not travelling so much or so far, but what better opportunity to reminisce on our past adventures and have a bit of fun travelling virtually?

The name of the game here is to guess ‘where in the world’ the photo shows. It’s a cropped photo of a famous location… can you guess?

Whoever guesses correctly can then challenge us with a picture of their own to guess. 

I’ll kick things off - I hope you enjoy 🙂

fds0.png

184 Replies 184
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Machu Picchu is my guess 🤔

My first thought too @Emilia42!  Now you get to put a picture up for us to guess.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

It looks more Aztec to me.   Monte Alban or Ek Balam ?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great guess @Emilia42, so speedy too! 🌟

Yes, your turn - if you have a pic for the rest of us to guess then please post (anyone else is also welcome to post one!)

@Ann72 @Michelle53 

p.s. @Michelle53 I hadn't heard of Monte Alban or Ek Balam - adding them to my travel bucket list 😍

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Yay! This is my favorite, favorite place . . . where in the world is this?

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.53.36 PM.png

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Emilia42 

Is there a Q involved ? ;>)

@Emiel1 Yessss . . 😏

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emilia42 

@Katie  has just wised me up to this thread!

**bleep**, I was too slow........

DSCN1842.jpg

DSCN1844.jpg

Most beautiful city on earth......

DSCN1890.jpg

Better luck next time!

Cheers.......Rob

Ha, where in the world is @Robin4 ? Don't you love it! It is so magical in the wintertime too!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emilia42 

I could not get over how beautiful it is Em, from the river to the Plains of Abraham!

There is not a single neon advertising sign in Quebec......No McDonalds golden arches. It is like walking back into Paris in the 1930's, I would love to go back again.

Right next to that church of yours (which you can see one side of on the left in this photo) is this building...... 

DSCN1833.jpg

Looks regulation enough until you realise that end wall was a blank brick wall.........All the detail on it is painted, it's a mural!

Only in Quebec!

Cheers........Rob

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Emiel1  If you know the answer I think you're just supposed to come out and say it lol

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 if you know then please do help us out, as I'm stumped 🤔

In the meantime maybe @Emilia42 you could give us a clue as to which continent it is? 🗺 🔍

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Since @Emiel1  isn't responding, I believe it's Notre-Dame-des-Victoires in Quebec City. 

@Michelle53 You got it!  Your turn! 🙂