GAME: Where in the world?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

GAME: Where in the world?

303194_MasonTrinca_1698_R.jpg

Hi everyone, 

We haven’t had a game for a while, and I thought this one would be apt: in these times, we’re not travelling so much or so far, but what better opportunity to reminisce on our past adventures and have a bit of fun travelling virtually?

The name of the game here is to guess ‘where in the world’ the photo shows. It’s a cropped photo of a famous location… can you guess?

Whoever guesses correctly can then challenge us with a picture of their own to guess. 

I’ll kick things off - I hope you enjoy 🙂

fds0.png

184 Replies 184

@Ann72 @Katie @Robin4   I'll take a wild guess, although I've never been there. Masada ?

It was built around 30BC, if I recall correctly. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Robin4  You got it in one!  It is Masada, as @Michelle53 also discovered.  

Visiting it is incredible - a huge palace set in the midst of the most arid and inhospitable land I have ever visited.  Lord only knows how many slaves died building it.  The story of the siege and of the rebels who died there is incredibly stirring.  Afterward we went for a swim in the Dead Sea, followed by a much cooler swim in a swimming pool. 

My daughter and I were in Israel for a wedding.  We stayed there a week, then went to Croatia for a week.  It was an amazing trip, during which we swam in three seas - the Mediterranean, the Dead Sea, and the Adriatic.  Memories from that trip will last a lifetime.

@Ann72  I have family there, but I've never been. I was with a couple of friends having dinner the other evening (outside, and socially distanced, of course!)   and we were talking about a trip to Israel, if and when it becomes possible again. 

@Michelle53  It was our first trip and it was just amazing.  We stayed in Tel Aviv, which was so vibrant and cool.  

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, I'd never heard of it - my knowledge of that part of the world isn't too great! Fab story @Ann72 and great guesses @Michelle53 and @Robin4 👍

A friend of mine went to Israel last year and said there was loads to see, and she echoed your comments on Tel Aviv too @Ann72 😊  I also really want to go to Jordan as I've heard that's great too.