GAME: Where in the world?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

GAME: Where in the world?

303194_MasonTrinca_1698_R.jpg

Hi everyone, 

We haven’t had a game for a while, and I thought this one would be apt: in these times, we’re not travelling so much or so far, but what better opportunity to reminisce on our past adventures and have a bit of fun travelling virtually?

The name of the game here is to guess ‘where in the world’ the photo shows. It’s a cropped photo of a famous location… can you guess?

Whoever guesses correctly can then challenge us with a picture of their own to guess. 

I’ll kick things off - I hope you enjoy 🙂

fds0.png

184 Replies 184

Good one @Emilia42!  It looked so familiar to me but I just couldn't figure it out.  I kept thinking the church looked North American but the square looked European...

@Ann72 

That's one of the reasons I love Quebec City so much. It's a tiny Europe but only a short drive away!

@Emilia42  I love it there, too, but haven't been since the '80s!  I'll have to head up there again soon.  How long is the drive from Orono?

@Ann72 

It's about 4.5 hours. The same distance if I were to drive to Boston. When I was little we would go there every long weekend we could get. Now I try to get up there at least once a year. 

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

patagonia0 033.jpg

This is a hard one . ..  

It's very famous if you know the area. But it's pretty remote. 

Clue: Southern hemisphere

@Michelle53 

Is this somewhere in the Andes?

Yes.  I'll add another photographic clue. patagonia0 027.jpg

@Michelle53  Very unspecific, but is it in Patagonia?  I'm not good at geography but I read Bruce Chatwin's book...

@Ann72     Yes !!   Patagonia. Excellent guess.  I'm not sure how close one has to get without naming the exact place, though. @Katie  suggestions ?

We can keep going a little to see if anyone gets any closer.   

Here's another visual clue. It may not really help much, but it's so spectacular !patagonia0 013.jpg

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Well guessed @Ann72

@Michelle53 it's completely up to you how accurate you want the answer to be, seeing as it's your pic 😊 Personally I'm enjoying the extra photos - I'm not very familiar with this area though...

@Michelle53  I'm just wondering if you want the 4 peaks first shown, the region, or the lake.  Or this particular part of the Andes Mountain Range?  Or the country?  Patagonia is in both Argentina and Chile, is it not?  And there is a part of Patagonia that's disputed, so it's sometimes known as No Man's Land.  Is that what you mean here?

The images are spectacular and make me want to go there!

@Ann72  I think the general area would be close enough, in this case, since the peaks (or towers) I showed represent the name of the national park they are in, and you can see them start to appear in the middle of this third photo (another clue 😉  )

@Michelle53  Torres del Paine National Park?  I had to Google, as I had never heard of it before.  https://www.gochile.cl/en/torres-del-paine-national-park/