[GAME] Word search of summer destinations!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[GAME] Word search of summer destinations!

Hi everyone,

How’s the lockdown treating you? This makes us optimistic about the future, and our minds are filling with images of sandy beaches, heavenly sunsets and we can almost feel the summer breeze against our face.

We’ve hidden 30 places we’d love to spend the summer months, can you spot them all? One rule though: for everyone to take part, please guess only 1 word at a time.

Please note that places with two or more in their name are combined into one.

Let the hunt… begin!

3rd Review.png

74 Replies 74

O8 () - BALI 

Yannis37
Level 9
Athens, Greece

@Nick  13D The beautiful island in Spain - Majorka of course!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone, it's great to see you are enjoying the game! I was thinking it could be worth sharing any tips and/or stories if you have visited any of the places. That way we could have some practical information if we were to visit any one of them anytime soon. (A man can only dream...)

Another lovely island @Nick       6J down  Sardinia !

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

N1 - CORFU Diagonal downwards - right to left.

@Nick @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 @Yannis37 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 @Kath9 

@Cathie19 @Fred13 @Robin4 

@Laura2484

@Helen427 @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 

I had to look up these two as the names were not familiar to me at all  :-)) 

@Βασίλης-and-Ann0 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 

@Nick 

@Yannis37and @everyone-else

That's the wonderful thing doing wordfinds @Jessica-and-Henry0 we can all learn the names & lookup those places on a map where places are we may not have heard about before.

Maybe we could have a place names in Korea challenge so others can learn about more places in South & North Korea which are both very different.?

What do you all think??  

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

N - 15 TEL AVIV (upwards)

I ate falafel for the first time in Israel , it is still my favourite vegetarian food. Perhaps  a word find topic on traditional  foods ? @Nick @Helen427 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 @Yannis37 

@Laura2484 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Yannis37 

@Βασίλης-and-Ann0 @Nick  and @everyone -else

Maybe we could have  one on New Zealand place names??

That may trip a few up...so would Australian or Thailand or Indonesian place names...

@Laura2484 

Have you considered creating word finds in Maori?

I don't recall ever seeing any and would be a great education tool  in the community...an option perhaps for some looking for something to do  here to keep out of trouble as we held up a 🍌  & pointed it jokingly at others,  & as we used to say in  general terms before things became so scrutinized.

I dare you to try that old trick with the banana on family & see if they laugh like we all did when children.

I - 3 PALERMO ( across, left to right)

Capital of Sicily , 🇮🇹 Italy

@Nick @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Kath9 @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 @Yannis37 

Word finds, books, games, groups are indeed fun ways to learn and immerse yourself in diverse languages & cultures @Helen427 

Of course hosting & travelling too! 👍🏾 Stay well

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

We are almost halfway and I thought I'll cross out the ones you've successfully discovered. It might be a bit easier now to spot the rest of them. Come on @Helen427 @Laura2484 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Βασίλης-and-Ann0 @Yannis37 @Ann72 @Fred13 @Daniela1596 @Melodie-And-John0 @Laura2484 @Cathie19 @Kath9 @Stephanie 

@Nick  Wait, you said only one per customer!  🙂

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ann72  I did, didn't I? let's do one a day 😛 

@Nick  Good call!  

B9 (down) - MYKONOS

I've never been to Greece.... but definitely on my bucket list~~