Guess the Location?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Guess the Location?

Hello everyone,

To kickstart the week, I thought it would be fun to start a new quiz here in the Living Room, where we post photos of a city or location around the world and then guess where it is. Once guessed, we can then post another. 🙂

I'll go first...who knows where this city is?

Photo.jpg

Happy guessing...

(P.S - If needed please keep in mind the source of the photo)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

49 Replies 49

@Momi0 is definitely more cold then Hawai although it's full of tourists this days as well and is amazing place to visit, specially if you love wine (this another tip).

Wish you a great bday stay and it makes me happy to know how Airbnb can make people come true there long year dreams ,this beyond measured! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha! Very clever @Nuno-Y-Daniel0

Umm...is it in the South of France perhaps?

🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ehehe we have to mix this with wrong directions! 😄  Said the country and more clues already! Can't go more far than this now 🙂 

Wrong for South France! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Here I go again with a guess, is it the Zêzere River in Portugal?

This is a good test @Nuno-Y-Daniel0 🙂

--------------------

Could it be the douro river in Portugal? We visited the douro valley back in 2013. It was amazing! 

-Eirin

@Eirin-and-Joar0 stop the war we have a winner! It's an region of Rio Douro that makes boarder with spain and calls "Arribas do Douro". Porto wine is world famous and it may be found in most stores. Airbnb should address one for Norway to celebrate this hard work on the community! : P

@Lizzie you were really close and it was another river that you would guess it in the next try...unlucky you! 😄 

@Momi0 no one gets in the river by this time, but you seem to know the reason. Lol

There's a nice video on youtube about the Porto wine and the story of a 225th Anniversary: http://bit.ly/1XWi1Mr

This is where the river finally meets the ocean and as become one of the most wished places to visit during the last 2 years in Europe, such the boom of tourists. Porto is sure an amazing city to visit specially for his quality balance of life.  The historical and once abandoned downtown as being completely rebuildt and most in part for the airbnb landlords income that makes interesting to invest this days. This a good example how one site can shape a city for better. Neverless, we have the luck of having a great mayor  in this important time of change! 

guess the location.jpg

It's on my bucket list!

This was fun, thanks.

Who will post the next challenge? The winner, I take it?

Bernard

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww fantastic, well done @Eirin-and-Joar0!! It does look like a beautiful place to visit, it must be a wonderful place to live @Nuno-Y-Daniel0. Thanks Daniel for that great photo, I thought you had us there for a moment!

Good thinking @Bernard-Y-Michael0. As worthy winners Eirin & Joar, I think its your turn 🙂

--------------------

Photo1

Think I might be giving you a challange with this one, but who doesn´t like a good challange? 🙂 

-Eirin

This was so much fun.....I absolutely love reading what everyone wrote.  I am so glad you posted that video so I could watch it too.

That's fantastic news @Nuno-Y-Daniel0 that the city could be reborn through the opportunities of Airbnb....which is why I would like to see things change for Honolulu as we have proven results that people do spend more money IN HAWAII...last year 2014  visitors spent 10 BILLION....thats right..BILLION on activites, shopping, etc....and this past year in 2015, it was recorded that it had risen to 15 BILLION...so its incredibly sad that they are so against anyone wanting to be a host for Airbnb in Hawaii.  But we continue to let our politicians know that many of us can afford to stay here in expensive Paradise by this venue to earn some money.  How awesome since I have had PORTO WINE too.....its very yummy.  IF you are offering to bring me some, make sure to book in April, as I am wide open...hahahaha

Glad my joke made you laugh......yesterday I went swimming and it was cold., and well it has a much different affect on us women. haha

Hey @Lizzie its such a great idea to have this LIVING ROOM...and this fun game to guess where the photo is from.

@Eirin-and-Joar0 is the photo there now that I can see a river of water going through the mountains the new photo for the contest?  I promise you that I will not use google image.....haha.  But can I get a slight hint....

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Yes @Momi0, that is the current mystery location! 

It´s actually not a river, it´s a fjord. Which I guess would be your first hint.. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing photo @Eirin-and-Joar0. The scenery is simply breathtaking. 🙂

I believe it is a fjord in Norway and as you live there I feel that is likely? I would love to visit fjords in Norway, I am a big fan of kayaking and kayaked in a very remote fiord in New Zealand last year and now I hooked! hehe 

The question is which one...how about Sognesfjord?

--------------------

This Fjord is already make me wish to travel, your job is done!:P  Would guess it could be Myrdal or Flam but most inclinednear the last location.

@Lizzie clever! It is indeed a fjord in Norway.
@Lizzie & @Nuno-Y-Daniel0; You really should visit! Kayaking is wonderful, but to really explore the beauty of the norwegian fjords you should bring your hiking shoes! 

However it is not Sognefjorden.
I am looking for the name of the area, not just the fjord. It´s a well known area, and I can tell you that the queen of Norway has a special connection to the area (all though not such a good hint. More a fun-fact-to-come).

Flåm and Myrdalen is also incorrect. 

- Eirin