Guess the Location?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Guess the Location?

Hello everyone,

To kickstart the week, I thought it would be fun to start a new quiz here in the Living Room, where we post photos of a city or location around the world and then guess where it is. Once guessed, we can then post another. 🙂

I'll go first...who knows where this city is?

Photo.jpg

Happy guessing...

(P.S - If needed please keep in mind the source of the photo)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

49 Replies 49

@Eirin-and-Joar0 Hardangerfjord is my last chance and will give others opportunity to guess. There's always a queen cruise name around so it may be a good way to search! 

You win, @Nuno-Y-Daniel0! 🙂 This is a part of Hardangerfjorden called Sørfjorden! The village seen in this photo is Lofthus, my hometown (the most wonderful place on earth, of course 🙂 ). 

The photo is taken from "Queen Sonja panoramic tour" or Dronningstien. It goes up to 1100 meters altitude in the mountains between the villages Kinsarvik and Lofthus, giving you a panoramic view of the fjord, looking inward Sørfjorden and over Folgefonna glacier. This tour has been one of the queens favorites that she often goes when she comes to Hardanger, which is why the tour was named after her. When descending the tour you will also have the chance to walk the Monk steps (Munketrappene), said to have been made by local monks from year 1210 to 1537.

Another fun fact; 40% of all fruit produced in Norway comes from Hardanger. When driving trough the region in summer and fall you will find a lot of small stalls along the road selling fruit from the local farms.

As stated earlier I would higly recommend you to put this location on your travelling-list, and to bring your hiking shoes! 🙂
A 40 minute drive from Lofthus you can start the hike up to Trolltunga, which the last years have been attracting thousands of people to the area during the summer months. 

@Eirin-and-Joar0 thanks for sharing your place with us. It really seems a piece of heaven on earth. Luckly guess the name although have to confess hadn't the luck to be there yet.

Don't know if it's my turn but this one should be easier to guess. It's in Europe and as been one of my favorite region in the last years.

Hey Daniel, I am getting no closer to figuring  out where that is....all I know is if I climb that BIG rock, will I jump into VERY cold water? hahah - guess I am trying for another hint

Thank you so much (MAHALO NUI LOA) to you and @Lizzie for your sweet replies about my birthday and my young spirit...its true....I definitely believe in the theory, if you love kids, hang out with kids and have a child like heart, you can never grow old....but my bones keep reminding me that I am kinda old after a 4 hour hike on our Hawaiian trails..hahaha...thank god for heating pads.

Wishing you all well and hoping one day to meet more hosts from all the world as you venture my way to Hawai'i

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Sooooooo when you say COLD....does that mean when you jump into the water, things will appear smaller then they really are...LOL?

You have to admit @Nuno-Y-Daniel0 that you left it open for me to add another joke right?

Ok I am so confused, one persons says its definitely PRAGUE but I don't recall wine growing in PRAGUE and another person says its PORTUGAL, so now I thinking that @Lizzie and I need to pack our wine glasses and go find the place to be sure....oh Lizzie, don't forget the cork opener....I'll bring the Hawaiian blanket to sit on....and Daniel will hug us to keep us warm until the wine does...hahahahaha

oh wait....Ive never been to Portugal, but I have had wine from there and it was AMAZING....so now I just have to guess the name of the river right?  🙂

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

@Lizzie

Fabulous view of Half Dome and Yosemite's less explored spots. Sensational! thanks for sharing this - brings back a flood of memories to me!

Kitty

Prague, the Charles Bridge.

Prague

Wendy14
Level 2
Abbotsford, Canada

Guess the Location?

This is the wonderful city of Prague! I spent Christmas of 2010 there and had the best experience. stayed in a hostel! How I wish I had known about Airbnb at the time. Drank with the best of them in the many eating pubs, walked by the hour through the most amazing shopping  and sight seeing areas, crossed each bridge and enjoyed the buskers playing in the chill snowy air,  got lost on New Years eve and wandered safely for several hours in the dead of night finding my way home. It was a magical vacation (with only a few challenges).

Go! Summer or winter, go to the opera house, go for the history, the art, the food.

Sally10
Level 8
Mill Valley, CA

Definatly Prague

oops late reply fun formate 

Thanks 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No worries @Sally10 it great to see you here...(drum roll please) welcome to *Guess the location'*! I feel like we need some theme music or a snazzy welcome image for this. Hehe 

Great guess with Prague. It sounds like you were very sure of that one, have you visited by any chance?

@Eirin-and-Joar0, I so enjoyed reading your post, I almost went and booked myself on the first flight to Norway! 🙂 It is very high up on my wishlist and even more so now. I love walking (as you might have seen from my earlier photo from the top of a mountain in Yosemite), so it is great to hear this is the best way to see the area. What time of year would you recommend for this?

Congratulations @Nuno-Y-Daniel0, *a round of applause to you*, and it's great to see you have posted another location.  

Anyone got any guesses? Perhaps you have visited?

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie I am glad to hear! 🙂 I would recommend August, or the end of July. More fruit, and the trails going up to the mountains will most likely be free of snow. And there is a better chance for nice weather (always some risk of rain in the western parts of Norway)...
I have been working a few years with tourism in my hometown (Lofthus, in the picture I posted), you're welcome to ask if you have any other questions! 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Eirin-and-Joar0, aww this sounds lovely, thanks so much for letting me know. Just out f interest, from your mention fruit, what kind do you grow in your area? I'm from a county which is know for its cider apples, so everywhere you go you see apple trees which smell amazing in the Autumn. 🙂

Does anyone have any guesses for @Nuno-Y-Daniel0's location. Do we need a clue? 🙂

--------------------

Yes i think we need more clues. I'm at a loss 😉

@Lizzie and @Bernard-Y-Michael0 apologizes for the delay, but from Easter on this gonna be a host marathon at Airbnb! 🙂 More tips about this place then...it's in Europe, natives speak at least 3 languages and is located in south of the country! Well...i think i just said the name 😄