Halloween: Do you decorate your home?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Halloween: Do you decorate your home?

Pumpkins.jpg

Hello everyone!

Halloween is approaching soon and I can remember from the past that some hosts in the community decorate their homes :-). 

Even though we're spending Halloween at home this year, I am curious if you will decorate your home for the occasion? Also, feel free to share some photos if you have some! 

Looking forward to seeing your decorations!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

18 Replies 18
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Quincy, oh I love all the price reductions on chocolates & confectionery that come with Halloween, however they are not good for one's teeth though, or waistline!!

Would you be please be able to include the links to the previous Halloween photographs & contributions for all of us as some may not know how to locate them, others may enjoy getting ideas from them.

Do you decorate your home @Quincy for Halloween?

If so, do you have some photos?

What Does @Milky-Quincy-cat do to celebrate it?

Cheers.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427, I know exactly what you mean about the snacks 😂

It has been a while since we did a Halloween topic, but here's the link to a topic that a host created back in 2017. I've also posted the decoration I had for Halloween decoration there🙂.

I think that I will keep it very simple this year by placing a pumpkin by the door. Milky will help me with carving it @Helen427 😉

-----

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Quincy This is the first year I haven't decorated my Airbnb spaces with festive fall/Halloween decorations. In year's past I have been out running around and would pick up fall favorites along the way (pumpkins, corn stalks, yellow/orange/red whatever.) But this year I haven't done much out and about. Which is nice (spent way less money, less stressful and hectic, etc.) but sad (no festive spirit and missing the old days) at the same time. 😐

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Emilia42, I can imagine that right now given the current situation! We used to do pumpkin carving with a bunch of people from work, but sadly, not this year. 

Let's try and stay positive and look towards the good things 2021 will hopefully bring us! 

-----

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

My last guests decorated for me, @Quincy . They lugged a large pumpkin a kilometre down the footpath and set it up on the treehouse porch. The things people do for Instagram. First I heard of it was a note at checkout saying they were leaving it so that hopefully the next guests will have lots of fun carving it. 

Good grief. Can you imagine the mess? Anyway...no.

No, the next guests will not have lots of fun. The host did not have lots of fun lugging it back up the trail. The mice, squirrels, chipmunks and raccoons would have "carved" it before the next guests saw it. (My Halloween booking was cancelled by the system.)

But no harm was intended, of course. I thanked the guests and agreed that it was a fun idea. They don't have to know that I'm a cute-forest-animal spoilsport. 

Or that I think a pumpkin pie is in order...

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh dear, that's rather unexpected @Lawrene0!

That would have probably been an unpleasant sight for the next guests to see a half-eaten and possibly rotten pumpkin 😫

Also, do you still have the bronze bust of Franz Liszt in your garden? 

-----

The next guests would certainly have questioned my decorating choices! 

No, @Quincy , he got too weathered and scary-looking so is now in the barn. I remember he is there now, so he's not so startling as he was when I first moved him there.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

omg @Emilia42 @Lawrene0  one can just visualise you two ladies running around in the cornfields & pumpkin patch, along side those woodlands creatures great & small...clambering over the pumpkins up & down their homely residences...

Great inspiration for a storybook, do you all agree??

@Quincy 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Time to start writing @Helen427 😂!

-----

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Over the oceans and far away in Orono, ME & in Florence, Canada live two lovely ABB Hosts named @Emilia42@Lawrene0 who share a common bond of hosting guests  in their homes.

At Halloween 2020 they along with @Quincy shared their stories for a book on Halloween, now over to you @Branka-and-Silvia0 and CC readers, and illustrators @Sandra126 who if my memory is correct is creative in illustrating ....

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Also, just tagging @Branka-and-Silvia0 here as I can remember they did some Halloween decorating a while ago as well! 

-----

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

How about we all find other names to also tag @Quincy as one replies as many of them live in areas where we know pumpkins grow and have Halloween stories to share?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Thanks for tagging and for a link to the topic created back in 2017 ...  another era 🙂 🙂 https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/A-question-for-all-Would-you-decorate-your-Airbnb-house-...

Who knows where are @Marzena4 , @Huaai0 , and @Kimberly54 now? 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I have a good memory which is why tagged you 😆! Yes, I also wonder where they are @Branka-and-Silvia0! Hopefully, they are doing well. 

Did anything happen during Halloween or was it a quiet one? 

-----