Happy Chinese New Year! Check out this video...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Happy Chinese New Year! Check out this video...

Hey Everyone,

Happy Chinese New Year to those of you who are celebrating.

It is the year of the Rooster which means if you were born in the year of the Rooster, you are said to honest, energetic and intelligent. Which chinese zodiac animal are you? I am a rabbit! 🙂

One of the things I love about this festival, are all of the colours and lights, I find especially in the UK that this time of year it is dark with short days and so it is lovely to see the colour brought back. 

I came across this short Airbnb video and thought I would share it with you all, as I thought it was quite funny. What do you think?

Also, are you or your local town/city celebrating the festival?

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

3 Replies 3
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dieneke0 and @Dave-and-Deb0,

Did you do anything to celebrate Chinese New Year, like last year? (Chinese New Year 2016) 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lizzie and others

Happy New Year to you all too. I briefly went to China Town and Trafalgar Square. I might have gone at the wrong moment, I felt it was more impressive last year. Here are two pictures, from ChinaTown and on Trafalgar Square.

ChineseNewYearTrafalgarSquare2017_sml.jpg

ChineseNewYearTrafalgarSquare2017_sml.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Looks lovely @Dieneke0. I think there was a large celebration in Trafalgar Square on Sunday, unfortunately I couldn't make it. I believe it is meant to be the largest outside of China, so I imagine it was very impressive.

Did you like the video I shared? 🙂

--------------------