Happy International Women's Day (this should be every single day)‌‌

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

Happy International Women's Day (this should be every single day)‌‌

Hello my dear fellow hosts, 

I've been taking a bit of a break break to deal with some personal challenges. But I wanted to take the time to wish all the smart, strong, determined, courageous, beautiful, kind and resilient women on the CC a happy day. This describes every single one of you. You all make this world a better place and I promise to always stand up for gender equality and do my part. This promise isn't bound to one day. I was raised by my mother and grandmother. Their strength and kindness is something I think about every single day. In a few months, I will be a father to a baby girl. I will fight for her every single day. 

I know I'm a bit late, but I still wanted to make sure you all knew how amazing you are. 

Behzad

IMG_7438.JPGIMG_7474.jpg

14 Replies 14
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Thank you @Bez8 so much. 

This was lovely to read and 'Hi' to your Mother and Grandmother. I also put out a greeting on this day and got no responses but if I enter this maybe it will liven up the subject....

So you've had an ultra sound and know the gender of your child? Congratulations. YAY. How lovely to know that you will be having a little girl. So delighted for you.

With love Mary xxxxxxxxxxxxx

@Dale711 

Bez is one of the 'in formulation HAB' members

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Bez8 ,   

I’m so glad to meet you.

Yours words are truly inspiring me, you are an inspiration.

I couldn’t agree with you more,- Hat off ! Ladies first ! 

@Mary996 “ Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a grandmother,  a mother and a grandson” Lovely family.

Women History Month 2021

Honoring the contribution of all women 🌹

Thank you for sharing,   

Very Best Wishes to all members in the HAB. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Bez8 

Thanks for sharing your story and with such kind words for our Women of the CC! 

To name just a few:

@Sarah977 , @Cathie19 , @Ann72 , @Lawrene0 , @Huma0 , @Colleen253 , @Helen3 , @Helen427 , @Alexandra316 , @Christine1 , @Emilia42 , @Laura2592 , @Jessica-and-Henry0 , @Lisa723 , @Inna22 , @Branka-and-Silvia0 , @Mary996 , @M199 , @Sandra856 , @Christine615 

(PS, I rotated your pic because you were at a right angle prior. Hope you don't mind!)

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

20210221_171834.jpg

Image.jpg

Hi Ladies and gentlepeople, Greetings.

Still part of the Airbnb Communities, thanks in advance for "rotating" my photos. I hope you enjoy seeing  the little Abnb book "Your Keys Our Home" by Debbie &Michael Campbell, which  has been part of my welcome, for many years. 

On International Women's Day 2021, I  hope that Airbnb continues to provide a safe and reliable platform for women all over the globe to create opportunities for their personal economic independence, and ongoing financial security. 

I would really love to see a dedicated arm of the Airbnb enterprise evolve as an international business network which fosters sustainable tourism and wealth redistribution through developing local home based hosting networks as social enterprises. 

The time for that vision to be realised, may have passed. But I'm still hopeful, and I'm  grateful for what I've been able to share and achieve for myself as a result of the "partnership"  I entered into with Airbnb so many years ago. 

Regards, Christine from Wombats Studio at Glenbrook 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Yay! Look at you gorgeous Christine and love your encouragement for home based enterprise xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Dear Christine @Christine1 

I love your idea and do not think the time has passed. Its never to late to support emancipation! We have a working group on items we would most like to see become actionable here on Airbnb. We are still organising ourselves and welcome thoughts on priorities and future endeavours so I will tag you into the conversation if I may. Please feel free to add your thoughts. The mood is for consolidation of things that need fixing in the first instance but its always inspirational to hear what else is out there requiring attention.  xx

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Really lovely post @Bez8. I agree there are many amazing people in our community here and I feel very lucky to have met them. 🙂 

I'm sure your mother and grandmother are very proud of you too, and you have definitely carried on their kindness. 

So nice to see the other comments here @Mary996@Christine1 and @Dale711

(Christine, I've whizzed around your photo 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Patricia1162
Level 3
Louignac, France

Bonjour , j ai beaucoup d admiration  pour les Femmes . Elles sont le pilier de la famille . Les hommes respectueux envers elles , sont des Hommes  de valeur .

@patricia

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Patricia1162 ,

Lovely to meet you! Did you know that @Emilie is in charge of a French speaking CC? You can find it here: Community-Center-FR

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Bonsoir @Patricia1162 

Soyez bien venue. Aussi y etes quelques un ici a cote des Anglais qui parle francais (ou bien elles assayez...haha!!)   ....  xxxxxxxxxxx

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Et je suis d'accord avec vous les femmes  sont le pilier de la famille @Patricia1162 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Just having a little thought. Maybe we need a feminist sub group to help shape things as they develop along here. @Patricia1162 

@Christine1 

@Dale711