How to give guests an authentic local experience at Airbnb

Jingrui0
Level 2
Eindhoven, Netherlands

How to give guests an authentic local experience at Airbnb

In a guest's travel experience, they are very concerned about the authenticity of the experience, yet this is a perspective that many hosts tend to overlook - the everyday experiences we take for granted may well be new and memorable to our guests.

Can you please share any tips on bringing an authentic local experience to your guests? For example, local décor, flyers related to the surrounding attractions or ornaments that showcase the host's hobbies, etc.

3 Replies 3
Dee1153
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Maybe a very humdrum idea - but we welcome guests with dogs - and I am starting to produce laminated local 'dog walks' which are available without using the car from my front door.  Also our city, Bristol (UK) has a famous graffiti artist, Banksy, and I am thinking of producing a walk which goes past many of his local works.  

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Jingrui0 

Refer the guests to restaurants where only locals go.

Also point out a street with shops that are out of the tourist circuit, but where locals buy things and find good prices.

You can also suggest to the guests an interesting square or park outside the tourist circuit.

Hello, I love to travel around the world. Mostly I ask from waiters or taxi drivers which place would be best to visit because they know about those places very well as compared to local people. It is my personal experience. Thanks for sharing your ideas here, I will surely keep that in my mind. I need some advice from you because this site seems very useful for me. I want to know that has anyone check plagiarism on https://onlineplagiarismchecker.net/ this website. Because my son is asking for me and I can't find it anywhere.