I am an artist, my airbnb apartment is arty. How can I attract guests who have similar interests?

Gay--Gayl-0
Level 2
Kalamazoo, MI

I am an artist, my airbnb apartment is arty. How can I attract guests who have similar interests?

I have included a number of paintings on the walls, and also have a full shelf of art supplies or guests to experiment with. I live in a very creative town. I am hoping to share my community with others.

6 Replies 6
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Put it in the name of your accommodation, like ''The artist's retreat'', ''Home is where the Art is'', ''Art Lovers Loft'', you get the idea. Put images of the things you offer. Hopefully the right people will come!

If you have an artistic spirit a bit noir, @Gay--Gayl-0, do this: with white tape, draw the outline of a body like a crime scene on the hall floor. Some numbered markers will make the image more cinematic. Headline your ad: "Heart of darkness". Reservations will be raining…

@Emily352, fantastic idea - love it.

Rachel-Sally0
Level 2
Westfield, NJ

Hmmmm  Gay,

This is not an answer particularly to your question but I have been harboring this idea for a while. I am a retired person who is an amateur artist. I took an "art week" a couple of years ago in New Hampshire and I really enjoyed it. It was "led" by a professional artist but he did not do very much  teaching . However, I really enjoed it. It was a wonderful way to focus on art and be inspired by others.

We basically stayed in one lodge.Everyday we had breakfast together then we convened for a brief "educational hour " or so ,then we walked or drove off to a spot where we set up our easels and painted. It was very enjoyable but very expensive. 

I am wondering if there are enough  Airbnb hosts/guests out there who are interested in art weeks. Are there amateur artists who want to rent a house together in an interesting locale in order to paint? For example , I am Greek and love the historic area in Athens. I would be willing to set up a week in the Acropolis area,say in the April/May of 2019 for painting. 

Where would I post such a request?

What do people think ? I would love to hear from you.

Rachel

Andreas-and-Anna0
Level 10
West Vancouver, Canada

How about creating ABB experience? Maybe classes., workshop or stories about your work

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Gay--Gayl-0,  

I agree with @Sandra0, If you want, you could give your accommodation a Title, which you see it explaines your idea. Or description summary.

Also, if it is possible, you could create an experience as workshop as @Andreas-and-Anna0 proposed for you.  

Thanks, 

Miloud