I'm away for a couple of weeks...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm away for a couple of weeks...

Holiday!.JPG

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a great week, I don't know where the time goes, it's Friday again! 🙂

I want to let you know that I will be away from the Community Center from May 12th - 29th. A few of you might remember back in October, that I got married. Well, we are going on a little bit of a honeymoon! 🙂 I mentioned in my post to you then, that I recently tried surfing for the first time, it was amazing but I was quite terrible at it, so my feeling is I can only get better (right!) so on this trip, we are going to be doing a bit more surfing and generally enjoy being outdoors (basically walking, cycling and anything water related has my name on it!) 

Never fear though, I am leaving you in excellent hands, @Quincy and I will be doing a tag team motion as he will be back from his trip and also @Kirstie (who manages the French speaking Community Center) will be helping out as well. So, do say hi to both when you see them or feel free to contact them if you need to.

Also, remember if you spot anything in the CC that you would like to highlight to either of them, feel free to report it by clicking on the 'Options' button on each post and they will take a further look.

I wish you a lovely couple of weeks, don't have too much fun without me and I look forward to hearing everything when I get back! 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

26 Replies 26
John1545
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

I cant believe the change in cancellation policy went through with all the opposition. this is a big problem...

Have a wonderful time 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Huma0@John1545@Marie900@J-Renato0@Alexandra316@Joao75@Mike340@Christine615@Joao75@Marie900@Jessica-and-Henry0@Farah1,

I hope you have had a great couple of weeks. It feels like I have been away for ages, I'm now back! 🙂

How are you all? Any news? Any great topics you think I shouldn't miss out on?

For those of you who are interested in hearing a little more about my trip, I went to California and stayed in five different Airbnbs, including a treehouse! 🙂

I am feeling like a I am getting a little better at surfing, except for the day I felt more like I was in a washing machine! We were staying (just south of Santa Cruz), the location was really nice and relaxing, with people in the water from dawn to dusk! 

Nice view of the seaNice view of the sea

Me in the future!!! :)Me in the future!!! 🙂

What a view we had from our night in a treehouse...

Amazing view.jpg

Sun set.jpg

I also went to Lake Tahoe, which is extremely beautiful. The mountains still have a little snow on them, but it was great for hiking and the views were wonderful. One morning we walked in search of 5 small lakes high up in the mountains, and when we got there the majority of them were still covered in ice. 

Lake TahoeLake Tahoe

View from my walkView from my walk

Lake.jpg

I look forward to hearing what you have been up to. 🙂

Lizzie

(Farah, it is lovely to see you back here in the CC, we have missed you)

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie Welcome back! You were missed. Glad to hear that you had a good time. That view from the treehouse looks amazing.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw, thank you @Alexandra316. 🙂 

Yes, the view was wonderful, you literally felt like you were on top of the world. One of the most amazing parts of it was watching how the weather would change. You could watch the fog drift over the top of the hills one minute or wake up and you could only see a metre in front of your hand and then the next moment it was all clear. Fascinating! 

How has your past few weeks been?

--------------------

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie

Welcome back.

Your trip looks really amazing. I have never been to California but always wanted to go. You have inspired me to start planning a trip! Cool also that you stayed in so many Airbnbs. Hope that didn't tempt you back into work mode though...:)

@Lizzie Welcome back! Your honeymoon pictures show that you had a wonderful time. Super cool that you stayed in a treehouse. Bet that was amazing!

Next time you go a traveling, please come to New Mexico. We have incredible mountains, deserts, lakes, caves to explore, deep diving, outrageous land formations, Native American Pueblos and reservations, stunning sunsets nightly and a whole lot more. Oh, and the friendliest people. Every single guest has raves about how friendly and helpful people are here. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Wonderful pics @Lizzie! Your trip certainly it is unforgettable! Welcome back!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

IMG_20180525_171902466_HDR.jpg

You should have come and seen us in Colorado, we still have snow!

Hopefully your reviews were all 5 Stars!

David
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's on my list @David126. 🙂 It sounds like you live in an amazing place and I am still very intrigued about your steam train. I'm not great on snow though, I just don't have much balance (or grace) when it comes to ski-ing! hehe

I was also thinking I could perhaps do a bit of a treehouse-crawl, I could pop in and see @Lawrene0

So many possibilities...

--------------------

I'm right on board with a treehouse-crawl, @Lizzie, but that California view is a hard act to follow!

Welcome back! Your tour sounds awesome! 🙂