Impress your guests with the perfect and easy Cacio e Pepe

Impress your guests with the perfect and easy Cacio e Pepe

Impress someone with this easy recipe which has just one trick to be great.

It's one of the several easy recipes for late night when we could make it soon with friends. It's next to other easy ones such as aglio e olio and burro and parmigiano.

hd750x421[1].jpg

Ingredients:
Pecorino grated cheese
Pepper
Boiled bavette or spaghetti

and? Nothing else!

Mix pecorino say a couple of TBS or a bit more for each person and gentle black ground pepper in a small pot, when pasta is almost cooked, take out some cooking water and drop it in the cheese little by little as it'll become a thick sauce (that's the trick!). Don't dare to make it with parmigiano as it tends to be rubbery. Just pecorino. Just that easy!

18 Replies 18
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@David6824  All I can say is ........yum 🙂 I don't knowif we have that cheese in Aotearoa but  I'll do a google search for it 🙂 

good search @Ria16 , pecorino is sheep cheese but every country make it different, italian one will reflect the right taste.

Please just buy Made in italy, not italian sounding food, it makes the difference of quality and taste of a true real experience, check for the tag Made and imported from Italy behind your packet.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hahaha @David6824 @Ria16  Yes we have those cheeses here @Ria16 , should be in your local New World and Countdown,

We have been very blessed with the price of cheese whilst all this carry on has gone on with so many restaurants closed and goods not been able to be exported as promptly as possible.

@David6824no meal is complete without vegetables I'm afraid

@Helen427 @Ria16 infact this is usually the first course LOL and should be followed by further 2 courses including vegs, and last but not least fruit and dessert, but my stomach can't even deal with the first one HAHA

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

My goodness, this looks absolutely divine! @David6824 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

This looks very delicious 🙂

another simple receipt: cook spaghetti with diced (frozen) carrots and peas. When it is cooked then  mix it with canned tuna. You can spice it with olive oil and pepper.

looks interesting LOL by the way can't be called cacio e pepe @Branka-and-Silvia0 

oh well, add some Parmigiano and you have an upgraded cacio e pepe 😄

I would like to hear some other very simple receipts from other hosts (I don't have time for cooking)

@Branka-and-Silvia0  you can make pasta whatever you want, this is the italian way to make your meal as free as you prefer, that is why our food beaten all over in the world. Cacio e pepe is a recipe from Roma, Ragù is protected by a trademark and it is made of certain ingredients, if you add mushrooms could be good yet but not call it ragù. Just to be clear, when in croatia you tried to sell me Marco Polo lived in korcula for years, they also made a fake house and an interior museum, c'mon HAHA. In india a famous place for skying is known to be the land  where Jesus and the Virgin Mary were buried. Many german writers and researchers did their books om it, but never gave back a proof of it, but in the meantime they earnt money because of their publications. Real Trolls.

Just to be honest me and you @Branka-and-Silvia0 , you're in 2 right? just a crushed garlic clove, 2 anchovies and some peperoncino melted in a pan with a drop of olive oil, mix it with bavette and it's the orgasm, totally. cacio e pepe is for tourists LOL

@Branka-and-Silvia0 melt it in a pan

Alici.JPG

Enjoy YUM!

Alici2.JPG

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

Simple and tasty!!! Your photo sells the recipe too @David6824 

If using mushrooms, a swirl of truffle oil would certainly take it to the next level!!!

So many recipe variations and tastebuds discoveries👍🏾

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Stephanie @Helen427 @Ria16 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great post @David6824 

I'm literally drooling by looking at these photos! 🤤

Easily one of my favourite pasta dishes. Thank you for sharing this recipe, will try it first chance I get - trying to cut back a bit on carbs as I won't fit in any of my clothes pretty soon. Operative words being "a bit". 😉

Hiya @Nick , I lost 2 kilos having fish and salads within last 2 months. There was a scam yesterday night say from 22CET, don't mind who was in charge, but being more reactive would benefit the all community. Have a great evening, see ya!