Its Bull Bat Time! (somewhere!)

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Its Bull Bat Time! (somewhere!)

I seem to have lots of loose time on my hands at the moment and seeking a bit of ritual to wrap my arms around to keep me steady.  Its not that I'm not keeping busy, I am currently gutting our dining room and rehabbing it.  Its steady work but not anything I can call consistent, laborer today, carpenter tomorrow, sheet-rocker on the third, you can see, its not really the rock of Gibraltar I need in these trying times.   I do have what I call beer 30 at the end of a project day after cleanup to sit and reflect (back patting) on the fine work I've done and consider the next things to do.  Mind you I don't always have a project or a beer every day but I'm not sitting in a chair during this mandatory time out, I must keep busy!   

The phrase Beer 30 doesn't seem to get me there today cause this really isn't beer season for me and I need more to inspire me right now.  So I reached into my rucksack of memories and pulled one out that My Grandfather, Coronal John Robinson (RIP Sir), (WW2 officer in charge of upping Microwave communications in large areas of Europe) would be proud of, Bull Bat Time!  The Coronal was fond of having his Dr prescribed two adult beverages a day about the same time every day, near 5:00 when it was normal for the bull bats in England to come out of hiding so most officers would call it a day and start drinking.  That time wasn't exact but nearly and we would know when He would loudly proclaim he saw a Bull Bat flying so it was time to cease everything and have cocktails.  

My cocktail of choice is Gentleman Jack Danial's Whiskey over ice with a splash of water to help it last.  One often leads to two but Mrs Robinson makes sure it doesn't get to three because dinner is not far behind.  So whats your call for a break, whats it called and whats your beverage of choice (Not necessarily alcoholic).  Stay well, John  

6 Replies 6
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Bull bat time  yestreday!Bull bat time yestreday!

having a good time?

@Richard1921 , Always having the best time possible, now that Im done spackling, its even better!   The unfortunate problem is that my supply of Gentleman Jack Daniels is dwindling fast!   Stay well, JR

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

https://images.app.goo.gl/SiPx7pvBg4eEdSor9

I can paste a linky but I still cannot add a photo.

Thank you for that link @Mike-And-Helen0 , all these years I just assumed the Bull Bat was a Bat not a bird of prey, the Night Hawk!  How awesome, thanks , Stay well, JR 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I imagined an actual bat.

"Sun is over the yard arm"

"Time for a modest libation"

G n T here or a glass of wine. Sometimes if we're being fancy, a Harvey Wallbanger. It is harder and harder to get Galliano for it.