Jamaica 60th year of independence

in
Kingston, Jamaica
Level 1

Jamaica 🇯🇲 will be celebrating it’s 60th year of independence this July/August ..we anticipate lots of folks from the diaspora …host Mikey Shaw

6 Replies

Re: Jamaica 60th year of independence

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

Hey @Mikey24

Thanks for sharing this, I had no idea! Do you know what kind of events are planned around this celebration yet? Are you starting to get booking for the summer or is it a bit too early still?

Emilie

Vous ne trouvez pas ce que vous cherchez ? Cliquez ici pour Cliquez ici pour démarrer une conversation!

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

in
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia
Level 10

@Mikey24,

Thanks for sharing.  I am sure that things will be jumpin' during the independence celebrations.  @Flavia202, do you plan to attend or conduct any special independence activities?

in
Kingston, Jamaica
Level 10

@Debra300 , yup! Can't miss it!  Celebration time again! But personally, I won't be on the STR scene this time as I'm currently renovating my apartment and will be switching to LTR.  

@Mikey24 - Happy Independence! 

in
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia
Level 10

Cheers @Flavia202,

Things are starting to return on my little rock after a two year absence. The Gros Islet Friday Night Street is resuming on May 6, the St. Lucia Carnival is July 15 to 19, and there will be Caribbean Premier League T20 Cricket Tournament matches at the Daren Sammy Cricket Grounds in September.  I am definitely going to the cricket especially since the stadium is a five minute walk from my place.  NO ONE wants to see me in a Carnival outfit!

Level 2

@Mikey24  I'm sure it will be an amazing atmosphere..would have loved to join in so enjoy and let us know how it goes!

in
Kingston, Jamaica
Level 1

Yes it’s our diamond jubilee..so lots of stuff planned for the summer