Jamaica 60th year of independence

Mikey24
Level 1
Kingston, Jamaica

Jamaica 60th year of independence

Jamaica 🇯🇲 will be celebrating it’s 60th year of independence this July/August ..we anticipate lots of folks from the diaspora …host Mikey Shaw

11 Replies 11
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Mikey24

Thanks for sharing this, I had no idea! Do you know what kind of events are planned around this celebration yet? Are you starting to get booking for the summer or is it a bit too early still?

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Mikey24,

Thanks for sharing.  I am sure that things will be jumpin' during the independence celebrations.  @Flavia202, do you plan to attend or conduct any special independence activities?

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Debra300 , yup! Can't miss it!  Celebration time again! But personally, I won't be on the STR scene this time as I'm currently renovating my apartment and will be switching to LTR.  

@Mikey24 - Happy Independence! 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Cheers @Flavia202,

Things are starting to return on my little rock after a two year absence. The Gros Islet Friday Night Street is resuming on May 6, the St. Lucia Carnival is July 15 to 19, and there will be Caribbean Premier League T20 Cricket Tournament matches at the Daren Sammy Cricket Grounds in September.  I am definitely going to the cricket especially since the stadium is a five minute walk from my place.  NO ONE wants to see me in a Carnival outfit!

Victoria1583
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Mikey24  I'm sure it will be an amazing atmosphere..would have loved to join in so enjoy and let us know how it goes!

Mikey24
Level 1
Kingston, Jamaica

Yes it’s our diamond jubilee..so lots of stuff planned for the summer 

Dahlia20
Level 2
Thorold, Canada

Love reading these post. Hi, I am from Negril, Jamaica.   Still a bit new to all this and just wanting to connect with other host in Jamaica, the Caribbean and  other contries

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Hi @Dahlia20  - whappen!  Cute little cottage in Negril.   I like the photos of the outside.  The inside ones could be clearer, to better see the layout of the spaces (kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, etc.).  Great location. Happy hosting!

Dahlia20
Level 2
Thorold, Canada

@ flavia202 thank you for res ponding.The cabin is under construction so clear pictures of inside coming soon. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Hi @Dahlia20,

What's going on?  Or, as the local say in St. Lucia, "Sak a fete?".   

Just a tip about tagging a person's ID so they are aware of your post.  For example, if you want to tag Flavia. first type "@",  and you will see that she's in the list of recent contributors to the discussion.  Select her profile ID.  

Debra300_1-1662240891323.png

If you want to tag someone who's ID doesn't appear in the recent contributors list, you can continue typing the ID name until the list of IDs with the same name is displayed, and select the one you want.   In the following graphic you see that there are a lot of Flavias.  So, it's a good idea to also type the numbers of the ID if you know them.  A tagged profile ID will appear in red font and is underlined, e.g., @Flavia202.

Debra300_2-1662241060080.png

Looking forward to seeing the renos, @Dahlia20 . I'll certainly reach out if I need to be in Negril and need somewhere to stay.