Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

LOL :D :D

ghosts.jpg

13 Replies 13
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thank goodness @Branka-and-Silvia0  that I live in a warmer climate, where a light coverlet is usually enough! Those quilt / doona cover changeovers are the pits..... ........ ..... and if I have to “go and haunt”, quite frankly, white is not my best colour!  😱🙃🤣

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Branka-and-Silvia0 LOL - exactly the reason I hate duvets!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Thanks for the laugh. I actually don't find it all that hard. My duvets' openings go almost the full width of the bottom, I put one corner into one top corner, then the other, grab the duvet, cover and inside, by the top corners and shake it hard. Then I just get the bottom corners tucked into the 1 inch sewn corners and snap up the bottom.

It's when there's only an opening of a foot or so that it's quite frustrating.

But maybe you can understand why a top sheet and blankets are a better alternative than having to take a duvet in and out of the cover to wash it between each guest. You should try it sometime 🙂 You'll never go back to the "duvet-way", I bet.

@Sarah977 

I don't have to try triple sheet to know it is easier, I've seen it on youtube 🙂

But, same as @Jessica-and-Henry0  I prefer if the duvet is safely inside the cover even if my guests have a wild s.e.x 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0  I'm not talking about triple sheets. Bottom sheet, one top sheet, and a blanket. No duvet.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Haha~first laugh of the day 😄 

I've personally never found changing duvet covers difficult (just needs a good shake at the end) and I prefer knowing that the duvet is completely covered. 

Dawn162
Level 4
Eustis, FL

I am the same way.  I tried duvet and could never get the hang of it.  I live in a state that rarely needs a heavy comforter.  I use quilts/coverlets.  they wash up real well, take very little time in the dryer.  I have two in both rooms.  If the guest wants something warmer, I have comforters waiting in storage.

That is hilarious! I find duvet covers to be a mystery. I use them in my place but they never seem to fit correctly. 🙂

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

This is the technique I use..

https://youtu.be/d0NvzNpOVyk

But faster, especially same day turn over.

@Elena87 

interesting... I'll try it tomorrow 🙂 tnx

we use the same technique but we pull off the old cover first and then put the new cover on. The only problem is - our cover opening is not very wide and it slows us down.

Jayesh5
Level 6
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

I just put the duvets on the beds yesterday as you can feel winter coming here now at night. It is 22 now at 6pm but will drop to 18 in the night.

Believe it or not that feels cold after the long hot summer we had.  It took a while but I finally figured out 18 is the magic number when guests want a blanket or duvet and it is also medically the best sleep temperature by most accounts - just a useless bit of info thrown in there for you:)

I use a quilt cover protector called Tencel I think. They have a “protect a bed” range that is fantastic. 

https://protectabed.com.au/collections/quilt-protectors

This is like a breathable plastic and marks just wipe off with a light rub. These are great for triple sheeting as the quilt is totally protected and the cover is pretty easy to wash. Being so plastic-ie, you might have to flip it inside out part way through drying for best results. 

It has clips in all in all the corners and 1/2 way down the sides too which keeps the inside in place. Love this product.  It is a bit pricey but I think I am going on my 5th year with them and they still look new. 

Thank you you for the laugh !! I am glad I am not haunted by changing and washing these between each guest.  Lisa

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha! This is so me @Branka-and-Silvia0. Although, I'm now using the turning the bedsheet inside out, grab corners and flip move – which is proving a little more successful! 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

QIP Shot - Screen 175.png

I'm I scare somebody?

I love my family!