Live from the kitchen: let's cook together...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Live from the kitchen: let's cook together...

Baking.jpg

Hello everyone, 

In our weekly community online meetup, we've come up with a fun idea to (attempt to) cook something delicious together...live from the kitchen.

@Kimberly29  and @Clara116  have both mentioned they would be happy to run the session and so I've started this dedicated topic here to enable us to share ideas and recipes for our exciting cook-a-long!  Everyone is welcome to take part (even if you haven't attended a meetup before).

To get us started, I think it's useful for us to think of what we need to keep in mind:

• Needs to be made within an hour
  • Ingredients needs to be accessible across the world
  • Relatively simple to start off with (so perhaps not needing to soak something for a month before use! 🙂
  • No high tech equipment necessary (ie. a pasta maker or a singing toaster) 

Also, we need to decide when we want to do it, so that we can all get the shopping in. So please do share your preference. 

Clara, I know you mentioned you have a nice breakfast recipe, would love to hear more about this.

Looking forward to discussing this more. 

Thank you, 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

21 Replies 21
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie  All other cc buddies - Not sure how I will figure out this cook along with my kitchen - it will be from a side angle as my stove is against the wall. We'll make it work some how. Below is the list of stuff you might wanna have ready and on hand - You can do any variation of the tortilla/wrap you like - we can try to do both on July 15th as they are quick and easy if all stuff is ready and close at hand. I've listed the possibilities you can do it with and without almost everything. Anyway it will be loads of fun - its all been done before - just all of us cooking together will be fun - also will be fun to see if we can sit down or stand up and eat along?? Depending on the time for each of us, I suppose. It will be almost supper time here, I think - Lizzie - please don't make it 6 am here- that will not work for me- I have a husband & dogs ! How ever you schedule like the last time - is best for me to manage it please! 

Community Center Cooking Classic (1st) 

Easiest meal/dessert I know – get all ready because once you start it moves quickly – BE READY 

CC Egg & Veggie Breakfast and CC Sweet Cheese & Jam Delight 

Side note: I like Flour (white) tortillas – store bought & also wraps of any variation will work – remember your fry pan must be bigger than your tortilla/wrap as you must flip it with ease!  

You will need:  

Fry Pan – has to be a little bigger than your tortilla 

2 Spatula’s /flipper/ large spoon – large enough to assist getting under it to flip the tortilla 

Cooking Oil – I use grape seed oil – as it has a high heat/cooking ability (olive oil is too heavy) Butter would work esp. for the cheese/jam delight- coconut oil/sesame/nut oils if light  

Eggs – allow for 2 eggs per tortilla- I just mix up a bunch 

Veggies – chopped/diced/small amts. In little portions on the side – remember the eggs are the main feature here – can be with no veggies or no cheese or no eggs 

Onions/mushrooms/kale/garlic/spinach/your favorite vegetable – diced 

Cheese – grated/thin sliced –cheddar cheese/ mozzarella/goat/ any cheese you love works 

Spread -for Egg tortilla- tomato paste/brown sauce/thick spread/pesto/thick dressing works (enough to smear on one side of tortilla) 

Sweet Jam Spread/ Jelly/Preserves -for sweet/cheese tortilla 

Salt/pepper 

garlic powder/garlic salt/herbs/spices as you like-to taste 

Ingredients: 

Tortilla’s/ wraps – store purchased – I like white flour best –most versatile  

Oil for cooking –any light oil-  grape seed/butter/coconut/walnut 

2-4 Eggs  

Veggies of choice – small amt. onion/garlic/kale/spinach/mushrooms/any veggies 

Salt/pepper - herbs/spices as you like for eggs 

Cheese – grated/sliced/any kind works 

Spread –savory– tomato paste/pesto/cheese spread/any to use with eggs 

Spread/jam/jelly/chutney 

SIDENOTE: 

You could make this tortilla/wrap with just eggs  

You could make this with only veggies 

You could make this with no eggs  

You could make this with no eggs – no cheese – no veggies BUT you have to have tortilla- spread/jelly/jam or something to put on it  

You could add whatever you fancy - let's do it and laugh along!

Peace & love, Clara 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116 why are you doing this to me, I haven't even had breakfast yet and now my stomach is making some demands 🙂 🙂  

Can't wait for this cook along. It's gonna be so much fun (I love how you named it the first, as I'm pretty sure more will follow) 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie@Quincy@Gordon0@Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick 

@Lizzie 

Hey everyone,

I am doing an Online experience Tues. July 14th...time is 1-2:30 CDT with Hilton on Propagating Plants should be loads of fun if anyone can join in too. I used my super host credit for the cost $35.....would be great if any of you can join in. I know it probably is the middle of the night for some of you. Just wanting to let you guys know.

I'm looking forward to trying to figure out how I will zoom, cook and do it all in my kitchen.....will work on that next week. I tried out the tortilla dish again and burned my wrist....so make sure you have 2 Spatulas/or something to flip with (critical) I have the blister to prove it. And its bandaged up - looks like I did something scary to my wrist - good thing we are staying home.....lol.

till next time.

Peace and hugs all

@Clara116 

I think I'll buy myself a tortilla wrap (or something similar) for the call....... so I can eat with everyone without having to make it myself 🤣 🤣 🤣

Suddenly remembered it's been a while since I had a burrito 🤔 🤔 🤔 

burrito takeout from my fav local  mexican resturantburrito takeout from my fav local mexican resturant

@Jessica-and-Henry0  Perfect idea.....just perfect.....you are always thinking ahead and outside the box! Till soon friend. Peace 🤔

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Clara116 for sharing all the details. 

I shared yesterday the details for our cooking meetup tomorrow (July 15th), here.  I hope this works for everyone.

....I need to go shopping.... 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie @Clara116  I couldn't find the recipe steps anywhere here so I'll just wing it!