Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie: I will be away from the CC

Sea!.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope your week is going well. 

I just wanted to let you know I will be away from the Community Center for a few days next week (July 6-10th). It feels a long time since I took a few days off so I'm looking forward to catching up on some sleep!   

If you need anything in the mean time, just speak to any of the Community Team, @Stephanie@Quincy@Katie@Liv or @Nick

Looking forward to catching-up with you when I return. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

P.S - if anyone has any good  Summer reading suggestions, please do let me know. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

7 Replies 7
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Have a lovely time off @Lizzie🏖

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Lizzie 

As an inclusive Community, may I suggest reading one of Uncle Remus, books through the lens they were intended that written by an Irish lad who was raised by his mum alone and left home at 14 years of age in America to work on the Plantations. He made friends with the locals and spent many a night with them in times we will never experience - no electricity, no internet, no coloured pencils, no wax crayons or no paints but plenty of wild life animals and new friends out in the rural settings of the 1800's.

He, like Walt Disney who introduced Technicolour, did however have access to Tar to draw and paint with.

There's lessons in these stories for us all.

Notably the challenges of communicating in another language other than one's own.

Another alternative, find some of Gyo Fujikawa's works and embrace the way she included multiple races of children.

Have a great holiday and when you treat yourself to an icecream ponder upon the whole marketing concept from the original product to the packaging of the product and stories that lead to the finished product.

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

@Lizzie 

Enjoy your well-deserved break!

I missed out last Wednesday’s meeting ( arrived home almost 01:00 ) with no regrets as it was my club’s first meeting in person followed by a sumptuous Iranian dinner. 

I know now you need a break from the screen too hence the book recommendation, but please if you wish, browse on Li Ziqi. For me, at the moment, she’s an inspiration!

I hope the the meeting went well ( as always!) and hope to see you next time. 

Besos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

My recommendation  to you @Lizzie is just relax and breathe deep. To do, or not to do....... both are absolutely correct for healing the soul! I wish you could have more time as you have been a constant, during these chaotic times. Your R n R is well deserved. X

@Lizzie 

Enjoy your time off~~ I'm with @Cathie19 about what to do. Eat, sleep...... and focus on breathing in~ breathing out~ and doing nothing really...... except for just looking up at the sky once in a while 😊

I always like to go back to my favorite children's books and classics when I'm relaxing. For me, that would be Little Women, Pride and Prejudice, The Moon and Sixpence, Anne of Green Gables, and The Secret Garden. 

I look forward to seeing you at the next social meetup. 

@Jessica-and-Henry0  & @Lizzie, it’s about nurturing yourself after such a busy and stressful period... called 2020!

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie  have a good break. Kia Kaha ❤️