Lockdown lunches‌‌

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lockdown lunches‌‌

587178596_CrowsNest_6378814_4200-Edit.jpg

It is no coincidence that food is king on social media. Seeing as most of us eat three meals a day it is effortless to create a post - just snap a photo of your meal - but more importantly, it is relevant to everyone. Food is part of the human story, not just a means to survive. 

Food connects us with one another, no matter where we are in the world. We share it with friends, lovers, and family transcending backgrounds, cultures and traditions. 

As we’re working from home, we recently made a habit in the team of sharing lunch photos every day to feel connected. 

With this in mind, I'd love to know what you are having for lunch?

Of course, due to time differences and dietary preferences, you can share breakfasts, dinners or even snacks. Anything goes! 

I'll do the honours in the comments below, as I'm about to have my lunch break. Let's keep this rolling and indulge one another with local delicacies or whatever it is you are craving, taking us on a tasty journey around the world. 

Bon appétit! 

Nick

44 Replies 44
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Teri  Welcome to ABB CC, I've not seen you contribute here in CC before.

That platter looks so divine.

What is the concoction on the plate?
Do you have the recipe?
Do you ever have fresh smashed or sliced fruit on toast with a sprinkling of icing or caster sugar? Or maybe cinnamon or nutmeg?

It's quite tasty

Hi @Helen427 and thank you! I work in the background, however, I couldn't help responding to a foodie post! 🙂

It's a simple omelet with some spring onions and cheese, accompanied by buttered toast.

I haven't tried fruit on toast, in fact, this is the first time I heard of it - sounds interesting! 🙂

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Awesome @Teri , can I ask what role that is?
I see you speak Hungarian, are you originally from Hungary?

And living in Hungary?
They make some really nice food, from time to time I've meet people from Hungary living in New Zealand but we don's hear much about the people & it's country.

Did you grow your own Spring Onions?
Did @Nick make the cheese 🙂 ??

Do you get fruit bread where you live?
It's quite nice on the brand Burgen bread in New Zealand, of plain standard bread

@Helen427 I'm a Community Administrator 🙂  and yes, I'm from Hungary but live in London.

I'm afraid, I don't have a garden here, so the spring onion was store-bought.. 😄

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Cool, which part of Hungary did you grew up in @Teri ?
Which is your favourite food / flower market there?
Do you go back to visit, when we can freely travel?

If your Spring Onions have roots on you can pop them in a Pot and grow them inside.

I had a guest from England who gave me the roots from her Spring Onions when she stayed nearly 2 years ago & they are still flourishing, I pull off the pieces I need when I need them, the gift that keeps on giving and a sweet Living memory of that Guest.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Now we know where we are going on Sunday @Francesca @Teri (If only we could meet) 

Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Teri I am coming to you: leave a bag outside the door with the food! 😃

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

@Francesca I would - but it may disappear before you arrive! 😄

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Gosh @Nick @Teri @Francesca , ONLY @Nick would start a topic on food, wouldn't he??
Looks good to me from down under in New Zealand where summer fruits and Avocados are in great supply and eaten for breakfast or lunch or snacks...Don't tend to eat dinner as prefer our main meal at lunch time.

Unfortunately Brexit comes with some major consequences some didn't think about huh, especially in the food department?

Maybe those crooked bananas rules should just have been amended instead.

I'm glad we have a great supply of cheeses in NZ as it's one of my favourite foods..

There's a reason we have Cows, Goats, sheep and Buffalo's in many countries...look after the animals and they will help feed you.

Strawberries are currently 3 chips for $5 at my local fruit & vegetable supplier.

Hope your cheese arrives soon, like I hope we have a return of our European food supplies pretty smartly.

Bon Appetite !!

@Nick 

We still have lunch at the office canteen but depending on which building we are located, we have different time lunch times so that seats are only about 50% filled. Also, screens have been set up and we are asked to not talk with people around you while eating..... which has led to many people now choosing to eat alone and listen to music or a pod cast. I still eat with a group of my colleagues, and we chat a bit walking to and from the canteen, but try to refrain from talking too much while eating when our masks are off 😀

1611325494790.jpg

today's lunchtoday's lunch

lunch menu from 2 days agolunch menu from 2 days ago

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This looks delicious @Jessica-and-Henry0! What are the names of those dishes? 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy 

Starting with the top photo, the noodles are called "kal-guksu" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kal-guksu

and the banchan that day was sweet and sour pork (left), radish kimchi & (not fermented) fresh kimchi (center), mushroom pancakes (right). 

The soup from the bottom photo is kimchi jjigae - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi-jjigae with the banchan being  cucumber & crab stick salad w/ mustard sauce (left),  kodari-jjim which is braised half-dried pollack (center), crown daisy salad mixed in soy sauce (right)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_pollock

Use as food in Korea[edit]

Alaska pollock is considered the "national fish" of Korea.[43][44] 

In Korea, myeongtae is called thirty-odd additional names, including saengtae (생태, fresh), dongtae (동태, frozen), bugeo (북어, dried), hwangtae (황태, dried in winter with repeated freezing and thawing), nogari (노가리, dried young), and kodari (코다리, half-dried young).[44]
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

these look very tasty @Jessica-and-Henry0 

the canteen looks very organised, always nice to see they are taking all the steps they can to keep everyone safe.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427, have you ever tried 'Boerenkool'? 

Literally translated it means farmers cabbage hodgepodge. It's a Dutch dish of mashed potatoes with kale and served with a side of delicious sausage and diced bacon on sprinkled on top. We usually eat this in the cold winter months 😃

I made it yesterday, and it was delicious 🤤

Copyright Smulweb.nlCopyright Smulweb.nl

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Maybe @Quincy,  @Lawrene0  could offer her recipe as well!  🙂