Mazda Recipes: artichokes strike back

Mazda Recipes: artichokes strike back

carciofi01.jpg

carciofi02.jpgMy brit friend told me artichokes are unknown in UK.

Say what? In Cali have at least 5 different types.

For a single:
. 2 artichokes
. a garlic clove
.EVOO
.salt and pepper
.grated nutmeg
.grated pecorino or grana for a milder taste

Take out the hard leafs from artichokes, usually three layers until soft and light green, cut the sticks in 2-3cm after peeled with a potato peel, cut the artichoke in 4 longitudinally, put all in a pot with 10cl of water a drop of evoo salt pepper and nutmeg and the crushed garlic, let it gently boil lid for say 20mins? until they're soft with a fork. When done use scissors to chop it straight in the pot or braun mixer to make a smooth sauce. Good with tagliatelle but I rather prefer pappardelle. Pour grated cheese.

https://youtu.be/dxer4GwV1sc

6 Replies 6
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Your friend is right @Mazda2 - I'm in Scotland and it's not an ingredient I'd know how to use!  I'll keep a note of this recipe though, in case the mood takes me!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Jenny  the trick is to properly cut the hard pins of soft leafs too or the risk is to end up munching it for hours which is terrible

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Mazda2 Your Brit friend doesn't speak for us all! My family grows artichokes, I'm a big fan of artichoke hearts 🤩

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Great to hear let’s make the thread bigger with different artichokes recipes @Stephanie 

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Your friend is talking nonsense! We are quite familiar with artichokes in the UK. And we don't like being referred to as Brits, at least not in Scotland.

Sorry for the misunderstanding @Fiona256 my friend from London not scotland