[Meetup] Community Center Cooking together: July 15th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] Community Center Cooking together: July 15th

Cooking meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick 

I hope you have had a good week. For those of you unaware I was away from the Community Center for a few days last week, so I hope you are all keeping well and I can't wait to catch-up with you . 

Our next community social will be on Wednesday July 15th, 12pm (UK time). 

*Timezones:

Wednesday July 15th, 6AM (Kansas City)

Wednesday July 15th, 7AM (New York / Toronto)

Wednesday July 15th, 1PM (Spain)

Wednesday July 15th, 8PM (Seoul)

Wednesday July 15th, 8:30PM( Darwin)

Wednesday July 15th, 9PM (Melbourne) 

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEudeGqqTkvG9w27w8jmdOOAnncG_g9v1RA

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

In the last meetup, we agreed we will take the plunge and try doing our first cooking together meetup. Clara has kindly agreed to be our host and guide us through a deliciously sounding recipe for 'CC Egg & Veggie Breakfast and CC Sweet Cheese & Jam Delight'  which sounds perfect for our first community cooking experience. 🙂 

So for those of you who want to join in, here are the ingredients we need:

• Tortilla’s/ wraps – store purchased – I like white flour best –most versatile  
  • Oil for cooking – any light oil-  grape seed/butter/coconut/walnut 
  • 2-4 Eggs  
  • Veggies of choice – small amt. onion/garlic/kale/spinach/mushrooms/any veggies 
  • Salt/pepper - herbs/spices as you like for eggs 
  • Cheese – grated/sliced/any kind works 
  • Spread –savoury– tomato paste/pesto/cheese spread/any to use with eggs 
  • Spread/jam/jelly/chutney 

More details can be found, here

It would be great to hear who will be taking part ahead of time, so please do share below if you can. For those of you who can't make it to the kitchen, please do join us as our support/cheerleading team (and watch us eat our delicious masterpieces!). 🙂

I'm very excited to take part and a huge thank you ahead of time to you Clara for hosting. 

Let me know if you have any questions (I hope the timing works for everyone). 

Thanks,

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

36 Replies 36
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Will do my best to make it. I think I won't be able to Cook Along With @Clara116 . I'm far away from shops, and today isn't looking like driving to them will be possible. But I will take careful notes! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Totally understand that @Lawrene0. I made a mad dash to the supermarket last night and I live in the town 🙂 Would be lovely to see you if you. 

I hope all is well. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

On the off chance that I'm awake, I'll join! Late for me.

@Lizzie @Clara116 @Marissa107 @Lawrene0  @Ann72@Roberta2,  @Alexandra316 @Francesca 

I think everyone was so busy cooking and eating that we forgot about our screenshot till near the end of our zoom meet..... but here's a one I managed to take.  

주석 2020-07-15 210045.png

Thank you @Clara116 for the recipe and cook-along; after watching you I feel confident that if I go with the sweet and savory option I can manage. Eggs have always been tricky cause mine always seem to stick to the pan. Thanks to everyone for keeping me company while I had my dinner 😆

Have a great day~ and stay safe! 

@Jessica-and-Henry0  Thank you for the shot!  It was so nice to see you and @Lizzie @Lawrene0 @Marissa107 @Clara116 and @Alexandra316.  See you all in 2 weeks!

@Ann72  it was lovely to see you too, though brief but sweet. Till next time.

Besos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww great you got a photo @Jessica-and-Henry0

It was a very fun meetup (or should I say "Eatup!"), my stomach definitely liked it! 🙂 

Although my dish did stick to the pan a bit, I'm still rather pleased with the way it turned out (if not the prettiest of photos): 

Meetup 1.jpg

Meetup 2.jpg

A big thank you to @Clara116 for hosting the cooking session and for the great walk through. I know what I'll be making for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks @Jessica-and-Henry0@Lawrene0@Marissa107,  @Ann72@Alexandra316@Roberta2@Francesca, for joining. It was felt like we were all having a meal together (even though we were eating different things). I'm really hope you have had lunch now Alexandra. 

It would be lovely to see your photos and what fillings you use. I had mushrooms, red peppers and pesto (and of course a little bit of HP sauce on the side!). What's in yours?

--------------------

I think it looks delicious, @Lizzie!  Going to make mine now...

@LizzieLooks good! Nothing wrong with that! 

No lunch for me yet... still another 3 hours to go, sadly. Looking forward to giving it a go!

@Lizzie thanks for another enjoyable meet up. And that tortilla of yours really needs your HP sauce.

Till next cook-along.

Besos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️

@Clara116 and anyone else interested, here's a link for the kimchi pancake recipe that I promised to post. In Korea it's usually called kimchi-jeon and is one of Henry's favorite beer snack foods - in addition to spicy buffalo wings and cheese fries. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi-buchimgae

https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchijeon

If your kimchi is too spicy, you can gently rinse the kimchi in a large bowl of water and squeeze the excess water out before chopping up the kimchi to add to the batter (this is what my mom did for us kids when we were little and couldn't handle spicy foods).  Some people like to add a little bit of ground pork or chopped up mussels. My mom used to add bacon bits and shredded cheese in the kids version. Henry prefers his with bits of squid in the batter. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That pancake looks really good @Jessica-and-Henry0. At first I thought looking at the photo it was a super duper cheesy pizza, but it is probably way healthier than that. I've never cooked with kimchi before, so I would need to explore that before attempting to cook with it. Is it pretty easy?

--------------------

@Lizzie 

My mom says it's just like making banana pancakes, just with kimchi instead of banana and generous heapings of cooking oil when pan-frying them. I've never cooked pancakes  or kimchi-jeon before so I wouldn't know 😅 The most fancy(?) and complicated dish I've managed to cook successfully more than once is a few versions of one-pot pasta. 😆

My family prefers a slightly more chewy+crispy texture, so my mom adds a bit of potato starch to the batter. 

@Jessica-and-Henry0Those look amazing. I'm going to see if I can buy some kimchi when I go out today. 

@Jessica-and-Henry0  thanks for the very cool info and recipe....love the video of the sweet lady preparing Kimchi......I'm gonna bake it for sure. Wonderful to be part of this group of folks from all over - its truly so special. Peace, Clara