Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] February 23rd, 2021 - Community Social & HAB

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you have had a good week. 

Our next social meetup will be taking place on Tuesday February 23rd, 9pm (UK time).  This will still be very much a social community meetup as we know it, but we will also dedicate some time during the session to get to know @Susan208  (plus a few other Host Advisory Board members) and hear a little more about what they have been working on over the past month. 

Here are a few timezones to help you know when the meetup is happening:

Tuesday February 23rd, 1pm (San Francisco / Vancouver)

Tuesday February 23rd, 3PM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Tuesday February 23rd, 4PM (New York / Toronto)

Tuesday February 23rd, 10PM (Spain / Netherlands)

Wednesday February 24th, 6AM (Seoul)

Wednesday February 24th, 6:30AM (Darwin)

Wednesday February 24th, 7:30AM (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUkdOCrrzsvGtF0ZXtr3WBIt7FHhVPhACy5

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but if you are new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2@Marissa107@Alexandra316@Debra300@Yuan100@Robin4@Inna22@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi9@Marj2@Bez8@Paul1255

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible, so do let me know if you can. 🙂

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a regular online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

36 Replies 36
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Lizzie .

I’m registered for Weds morning (6.30am for me) but have another Zoom workshop session starting 8.30 for four hrs after, so will not stay till the end.... 

@Debra300 Hopefully, the next one will be suitable. Take care and see you then... 🌻

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Even for a little bit, it will be lovely to see you @Cathie19. You will have square eyes by the end of the morning. Make sure you have plenty of team and biscuits to counter this. 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

I may miss this meeting, because it's during my working hours.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw sorry the time is slightly earlier for this one @Debra300, perhaps if you get a free moment you could join later on. I know it's tough when you are juggling different things though. Would love to see you again at the following one. 

Hope all is going well with you and you are getting time for your daily walks. 🙂

--------------------

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

Yes, I am still taking the daily walks, and it's been paying off.  I've lost some pounds/kilos, and I no longer fill like I need to take oxygen to go up small hills.  Last week, I even started (again) a couch to 5k program that was previously very helpful in getting me fit enough to run (trod, my feet barely clear the pavement). 

I'll try to see if I can pop in, and say hello to you all.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I will be happy to join! As we have a committee meeting just before, I will be a couple of minutes in delay.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'll be there but Peter will be fast asleep 😴

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

Really excited to see all of you again. I've been so busy with life since our last get together. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ooo excited to hear how you are getting on @Bez8. Make sure you are getting some chill time too. 

--------------------

Hi @Lizzie I'm glad I found this. I "saw" it pop up in the notification feed, but now when I click "notifications" the entire page is blank. Did Airbnb eliminate or erase notifications?  Makes it hard to keep track of things if they did.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds like another bug @Christine615 

Has it happened more than once? And was this on mobile or desktop?

Cheers,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Some with me yesterday. Today it works fine.

@StephanieIt looks like it was a bug for everyone. It's restored on both mobile and desktop. The notifications usually give me a heads up via email so when they disappear I miss the notice about the Zoom meet-ups.

Glad it's been fixed!  🙂