Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] February 23rd, 2021 - Community Social & HAB

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you have had a good week. 

Our next social meetup will be taking place on Tuesday February 23rd, 9pm (UK time).  This will still be very much a social community meetup as we know it, but we will also dedicate some time during the session to get to know @Susan208  (plus a few other Host Advisory Board members) and hear a little more about what they have been working on over the past month. 

Here are a few timezones to help you know when the meetup is happening:

Tuesday February 23rd, 1pm (San Francisco / Vancouver)

Tuesday February 23rd, 3PM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Tuesday February 23rd, 4PM (New York / Toronto)

Tuesday February 23rd, 10PM (Spain / Netherlands)

Wednesday February 24th, 6AM (Seoul)

Wednesday February 24th, 6:30AM (Darwin)

Wednesday February 24th, 7:30AM (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUkdOCrrzsvGtF0ZXtr3WBIt7FHhVPhACy5

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but if you are new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2@Marissa107@Alexandra316@Debra300@Yuan100@Robin4@Inna22@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi9@Marj2@Bez8@Paul1255

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible, so do let me know if you can. 🙂

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a regular online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

36 Replies 36

@Christine615 @Stephanie  

Yesterday I had the same issue that Christine had on my laptop. Every 3 or 6 months I'm having the problem that notifications are not shown in my CC profile. But after a couple of hours they return back. I believe this is a revolving glitch and probably already known to the airbnb tech stuff.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to see you can make this meetup @Christine615 can't wait to see you. 🙂 

Thanks for highlighting the blank notification feed in the CC Christine, @Ute42 and @Till-and-Jutta0. We thought we'd fixed it a few months back, it's one of those pesky bugs that only wants to misbehave when none of the platform team are looking. 

I'll flag this. If you spot it again, if you could let me know what time it happens and take a screenshot that would be magical. Thank you. I'll keep you posted. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Pascale144
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

I will be happy to join too. 😀 

Pascale
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

I would love to join if I may. My laptop has no camera due to a cat attack and wires being dislodged! Will I still be able to come via a blank screen?

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Till-and-Jutta0 @Cathie19 @Christine615 @Bez8 

Have fun~~~ 6am is a bit too early for me 😴 😴 😴  

I totally get it @Jessica-and-Henry0 and we love you for it! This is the second early morning run for us in a row. 😭.    
B768F78C-D05B-456F-8C24-3622DB17AA48.jpeg 🙃🙃😊

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 

61eff807c86620374bd9b05df1ba50ad.jpeg

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Bahahahahaha @Stephanie !
Sadly, new mums and dads do not get to participate in this blissful procedure. ZZzz

But it gets bettttterrr, then you will.
Then they have a sleepover with family and you do.

Then they go to slumber parties and it’s questionable...

Then they get to dating age... and you won’t!
Then they get a car, then you definitely don’t till they are home.......

But then they leave home and you get sad, but fir sleep - it gets better.

The highs and lows of the sleep cycle. X

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 

Oh he's not allowed to date until he's 18 and he's not getting a car... /s

If only we could protect them forever. I don't mind the missed sleep anymore, honestly. it's not a stark as it was. Or maybe I'm just used to it! 🤣

-----

An anecdotal story for you here @Stephanie! It’s indulgent, but timely! 

In 2019, myself, Garry and our eldest daughter travelled from Darwin to Sydney on a “red eye” flight. That’s one departing about 2am and arriving four and half hours later at sunrise in Sydney. No one has slept since the night before....

The trio pile into the rental car and head down the freeway for just over three hours to arrive in Canberra mid morning - stopping only once at a roadside spot just for a toilet, takeaway and coffee grab. 

Busy catching up with a daughter/sister and partner, then a son/brother and family. Too busy to rest, too overtired to nap. We are there for a weekend only, for a grandson’s christening.

So when we eventually get to bed that night, everyone is an overtired zombie. We’ve all lost our blinks, from early that afternoon......

We sleep what was such a short night and the morning was in need of a sense of urgency to get organised and to the church for the baptism. However, as our blinks returned over coffee, we realised our eldest daughter hadn’t risen. Behind blackout blinds, in a room  on her own, she was in a DEEP sleep.

(Jumping forward)

As her siblings remarked that she had such a long sleep.
Without a blink of an eye... without faltering for an explanation she quipped:

“Ah! You question my sleep time? But instead you should be amazed, because my real super power has been staying awake for the last seven years!  

(This is the witty word of a mum whose 3 children were seven and twin five year olds, who sleep light and at the time, always ended up visiting the parent’s bed. There would always be someone interrupting the sleep for some reason.)

I Agree: all mothers and dads are super heroes, for managing to sleep light and essentially, NOT sleeping! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The first long sleep in 7 years sounds like @Cathie19 

Well, hubby and I intend to have at least another kiddie so think I'll be feeling what your daughter felt first hand, though I doubt I'll ever be so quick witted!

-----

I think @Stephanie , you’d surprise yourself!

Angelyn1
Level 4
Lubbock, TX

Registered for meeting on Tuesday Feb 23, London time 9pm.

so that is Central standard time 3pm? Thanks 

@Angelyn1  Yes - 3pm central.  I'm on that same timezone (Kansas City)

It's different each meeting to accommodate time zones across the globe (sometimes it's 6am for us, lol!) But well worth it. It's a fun global group.

Lisa-Marie21
Level 2
Crosby, TX

Hello, @Lizzie!

I’m Lisa Marie from Houston, Texas.🌸

I just started renting my guest room and bathroom through Airbnb in January. I have never done anything like this before and actually didn’t even know such a thing existed, but I have completely enjoyed it so far. I love meeting new people and taking care of them while they’re here. I wanted to join you to see If I could get some  insight on how I can do things better or how to be a better hostess... and get to meet other hosts.☺️ Thank you for allowing me to join you!

I wanted to register just in case I’m able to make it today. I have an earlier appointment, but I’m hoping it ends before this begins. Looking forward to joining everyone. If I’m unable to make it this one, hopefully I can join you on the next one.

Hope to talk soon,

Lisa Marie🌺