[Meetup] February 4th, 2021 - Community Social

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] February 4th, 2021 - Community Social

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

After a little break from our social meetups in January, I hope many of you are excited to get back together and catch-up. I know I am looking forward to seeing you all. 

Our next online meetup will take place on Thursday, February 4th (10PM, UK time). This week we are on an America friendly timezone. 🙂 Hopefully this is enough time to plan, sorry this is a little late notice. Do let me know if this doesn't work for many of you.

Timezones:

Thursday February 4th, 4PM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Thursday February 4th, 5PM (New York / Toronto)

Thursday February 4th, 11PM (Spain)

Friday February 5th, 7AM (Seoul)

Friday February 5th, 7:30AM (Darwin)

Friday February 5th, 8:30AM (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qdO-prTwvE9Jdwx_6oUGUDS6NNI-cXj-c 

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but anyone who is new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Sandra126,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie@Inna22@Lisa723@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi6@Marj2 

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible. 

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

85 Replies 85
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hey @Lizzie . 
Were your ears burning about thirty minutes ago? Lol.  I was wondering how you were as I hadn’t seen you around.... I also was thinking, haven’t had a meet up for awhile, have they stopped? Is everything okay? 

Anyway, I can make an appearance for a short time,  as I also have a scheduled commitment away from the house. 

Looking forward to “seeing you”, et all.  💐

Anyway, enjoy your afternoon and evening...... for I’m off to bed!
ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww I hope you had a nice sleep @Cathie19 (by the time you see this). 

Great to hear you can tune in for even a little while. I'm ok thank you, I have been working behind the scenes a lot recently, but very much still in the CC (just not quite a fun, as I don't get time to speak with you all as much), but trying to get movement on things for everyone in the CC.

It will be lovely to catch-up with you and others, even if it's only a small group. How are you doing?

🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Great idea, @Lizzie ! While I'm afraid that it's too late for me, the time might fit for @Bez8 ?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Till-and-Jutta0, that's a great idea. I agree it is a little late for us here in Europe. I usually find lots of tea and biscuits helps. 🙂 

The next one will be a more lunchtime friendly time, so hopefully that one will be a better time. 

--------------------

Jason1470
Level 10
Port Hedland, Australia

Hi @Lizzie ,

Can I be a part of this meeting, although I am not a host on ABB? It would be great to connect with other members. I would prefer an early morning time (Perth time Zone), so I was looking at the Friday 4 pm NY time catch-up.   How long do these catch-ups usually last?

Thanks,

Jason

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jas8,

Great you would like to attend. Yeah, this one will be quite early your time in Australia (we alternate timezones, so that they suit late owls and early risers each time we have one). I can let you know about the next one if this time is too early for you?

These meetups are very flexible, and celebrate our members coming together to chat. This is about all kinds of things, life, weather, food, plants and also a bit of hosting too. They are not always Airbnb focused, but often we ask each other questions if it's helpful for them. We have just one time for the meetup each time, so it is a real global affair, which is really cool. They usually last about an hour to two, but if you can only make it for a short time, that is all good too. It's just nice to see people and support each other. 

Are you thinking about becoming a host? 

--------------------

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie Exactly what @Cathie19 said - I was just thinking "Where's Lizzie and have I missed a meet-up???"  Excited to see all of you!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello, hello @Ann72,

I'm still very much here. 🙂 

As I say to Cathie above, I've been working a lot behind the scenes, so not always so obviously here, but I am. I've been wanting to organise a meetup again all of January and then February came and I don't know where January went. Typical me, I think! 

So looking forward to seeing you and everyone else. I hope you are keeping well. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

@Till-and-Jutta0  @Lizzie 

I will make it work! I just booked the time off 

Excited to put faces to names!

Thank you so much for tagging me Till

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic to hear @Bez8 and gosh, thank you taking the time off. 🙂 

As I mention above our meetups are very relaxed and a great way to just get to know each other and build on the friendships we have in the CC. So I hope you will enjoy. 

Let me know if you need any help with registering.

Lizzie

--------------------

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie I think it’s time I put in an appearance 🙂

@Cathie19  defrost my cake pleaseeeee

Paul x 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Whoop, yes @Paul1255! 🙂 It would be so lovely to see you. 

@Cathie19 Can I put in an order for cake too please? 

--------------------

I think it’s the drunken fruit cake if I remember rightly?

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yes @Cathie19  😋