[Meetup] February 4th, 2021 - Community Social

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] February 4th, 2021 - Community Social

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

After a little break from our social meetups in January, I hope many of you are excited to get back together and catch-up. I know I am looking forward to seeing you all. 

Our next online meetup will take place on Thursday, February 4th (10PM, UK time). This week we are on an America friendly timezone. 🙂 Hopefully this is enough time to plan, sorry this is a little late notice. Do let me know if this doesn't work for many of you.

Timezones:

Thursday February 4th, 4PM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Thursday February 4th, 5PM (New York / Toronto)

Thursday February 4th, 11PM (Spain)

Friday February 5th, 7AM (Seoul)

Friday February 5th, 7:30AM (Darwin)

Friday February 5th, 8:30AM (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qdO-prTwvE9Jdwx_6oUGUDS6NNI-cXj-c 

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but anyone who is new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Sandra126,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie@Inna22@Lisa723@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi6@Marj2 

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible. 

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

85 Replies 85

The minute I posted that I knew that one of you lot would ask @Cathie19 - so here you are - and I expect to be eating these when I visit you one day:

IMG_3061.jpg

Hey @Lizzie .

I managed to grab a shot, as @Clara116  arrived and just before Louisa and @Jason1470  left. So glad I did as they are newbies. So lovely to see them and hope you both come back again! 🙌🏼🌻

Were we from six countries north to south, east and mid west? Then seven adding @Jessica-and-Henry0.  👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 That’s a mighty fine effort considering this is a global meetup across the days and time zones! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼💐

1C19A810-01C3-4AD6-8A63-A8BBA27E225D.jpeg

@Cathie19  I think it's more than that - we've got Canada (@Lawrene0, @Bez8), USA (@Clara116, @Louisa, me), England (@Paul1255 , @Lizzie, @Katie), the Netherlands (@Alexandra316), Germany (@Till-and-Jutta0), Spain (@Marissa107), St. Lucia (@Debra300 ), Australia (you, @Robin4, @Jason1470 ), and Korea (@Jessica-and-Henry0 ).

That makes NINE!  Amazing!  And I don't know how many time zones 🙂

That’s so true @Ann72!
In Australia, you had three of the five summer time zones.

@Robin4  only 1 hour ahead of me.
@Jason1470  1.5 hours behind me (same as Singapore)

But I think I also need to affectionately include @Jessica-and-Henry0  in South Korea, who is only 30 minutes behind me! 💐

@Cathie19  I told someone today that I thought the three of you were in three different time zones.

The three US hosts were also in three different time zones.  @Clara116 threw me a curveball by telling me she was in Central Time.  I went to college down the Gulf Coast from Pensacola and it was definitely in Eastern Time 🤔

The two Canadian hosts were in two different time zones.  

I've already lost count so I hope someone else takes up the baton.  🙂

@Ann72 Hey Ann  I didn't get the chance to tell you that your hair looked so beautiful on the zoom....!! AHHHHH sweet dear one.  hugs, Clara

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I find @Bez8 's hair most impressive!

Definitely @Till-and-Jutta0 - @Bez8's hair needs a profile of its own 😂😘

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

I'm working on that hahaha

Awwww thank you @Clara116 my love - I treated myself to a blowout this week - it was supposed to be Tuesday, but we had a foot of snow, so my beloved Jessica came Thursday morning.  I'm trying to keep both of us - my hairdresser and me - afloat through all this 🙂  

@Ann72 I loved surprising you with the CST zone difference. Yes, its crazy and the panhandle where Pensacola lies along 52 miles + of sugar white sandy beaches are fighting patriots often and they pushed back really hard when again 2018 they tried to put us on EST zone.  There was a proposal called "The Sunshine Protection Act" to keep us on daylight savings time. PPL here don't like being told anything or much like any sort of change, its not easy OFTEN.  (just fyi we had some that went behind bars just last week from their party on Jan 6th if you get my message) Pride is one of the great sins around here for many of us. 

Here's a ditty that I found about this time thing from : Greenwich Mean Time

There is an invisible line in the Florida Panhandle where the Eastern time zone bumps into Central time.

People talk about "fast time" and "slow time," fast time meaning Eastern Time and slow time referring to life in the hour-behind Central Time .

On November 18, 1883, at high noon a standardized way of keeping time was instituted throughout North America. Still, many communities resisted the government meddling with clocks and continued telling time by God's own sun.

This helped me understand why I never fit in- I'm for certain on fast time - always have even at birth - I'm told I was kicking and screaming to get out - they tried to keep me in as the doctor hadn't arrived - HA, I'll show you guys - was told I was black and blue from the nurses truly crossing mom's legs and attempting to slow me down....talk about stupid ppl - plus seems I had speed coursing thru my little veins for 9 months as mom didn't want to get "fat".....she had a 23" waist line soon after my birth of 5 lbs. Needless to say, I'm proud of being a fast timer - even when THEY insist on "slow time" I only go along because I have to. 🙂

@Clara116  I'm astonished!  I did not know any of this, and as you know I lived down the Gulf Coast in St. Pete for five years - in perfect ignorance!  But the way you tell it - now it makes sense!  That's a different world, that Panhandle.  And I love your take on it.  Being different - an outsider not fitting in - that's the plight of the artist.  No wonder you've made of your life an art. 

So many women did what your mom did - no wonder you wanted out and now seek health and purity - you were in a toxic environment and knew it wasn't for you!

Big hugs back love 😍

09643486-5358-4020-B79F-2E210C360BB9.jpegJust over 3,000 kms between  @Robin4  and myself.

Jason by road is just under 2,400 kms away.
@Yuan100 when home is about 3,353 kms flying.
@Jessica-and-Henry0  is the furthest at 5574 kms away, but the closest time zone to me.

However, when daylight savings ends, Robin will turn the clock, back an hour, then be on the same time zone as me! 
Sydney will come back an hour and like Brisbane, will be half hour ahead.
WA is always the same as Singapore. 

Distances from me: other Australian cities -
Darwin to Melbourne  is around 3,742 kms away
Darwin to Sydney  approx. 3,942 kms away
Darwin to Brisbane about 3,423 kms away.
Darwin to Perth in WA about 3848 kms
So other than Jason and Robin, Yuan in Singapore/Johore Baru is my closest; why we travelled a lot!  ( pre Covid19)

These distances explain why most of my guests arrive by plane!  Lol.....

@Cathie19 

Thank you for thinking of me!!! 

I am not in Singapore at the moment, in Norway at the moment. We are now 12,868km away! 

Lol! My legs are itchy need to get out of the small little red dot island.

End of this month I will be back in Asia, but to Thailand (the only country that's open right now). So our time difference would be 2 hours! Hope to catch up with you all in the next meet up session. 

@Ann72 Till and I are in the same time zone: we're both on Central European Time. So down to 8! 

I would love to have you as a guest or just meet up any time you're able to cross the pond!