[Meetup] February 4th, 2021 - Community Social

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] February 4th, 2021 - Community Social

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

After a little break from our social meetups in January, I hope many of you are excited to get back together and catch-up. I know I am looking forward to seeing you all. 

Our next online meetup will take place on Thursday, February 4th (10PM, UK time). This week we are on an America friendly timezone. 🙂 Hopefully this is enough time to plan, sorry this is a little late notice. Do let me know if this doesn't work for many of you.

Timezones:

Thursday February 4th, 4PM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Thursday February 4th, 5PM (New York / Toronto)

Thursday February 4th, 11PM (Spain)

Friday February 5th, 7AM (Seoul)

Friday February 5th, 7:30AM (Darwin)

Friday February 5th, 8:30AM (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qdO-prTwvE9Jdwx_6oUGUDS6NNI-cXj-c 

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but anyone who is new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Sandra126,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie@Inna22@Lisa723@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi6@Marj2 

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible. 

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

85 Replies 85

@Alexandra316  I would love that so much!

Jason1470
Level 10
Port Hedland, Australia

Hello All,

@Lizzie @Katie @Cathie19 @Clara116 @Debra300 @Lawrene0 @Ann72 @Robin4 @Marissa107 @Alexandra316 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Paul1255 @Bez8 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Marissa107 @Debra300

What a lovely way to start my day...to speak to all you lovely folks spread across the globe and across several time zones. ABB is truly a global platform and the forum participants reflected this.

I must admit that I was a bit unsure as to how my first experience would be, being the only 'guest' on this forum. But, I am so glad I participated. The depth and variety of topics discussed were incomparable. What all did we speak about? Well, let me see how much I can recollect..from lamenting a silent Broadway to travelling to Amsterdam with canines, from veggie patches to feline pets, haggis to fish eggs, HP sauce to Sir Kensington ketchup from Debra's take on delicacies to Robin's take on eating offals, from birthday cheer to lockdown woes...this was a true potpourri of eclectic topics served with loads of good cheer and smiles all around. 

Thanks all for having me. Stay safe and keep spreading the cheer in your corner of the world.

Cheers,

Jason

@Lizzie @Katie @Cathie19 @Clara116 @Debra300 @Lawrene0 @Ann72 @Robin4 @Marissa107 @Alexandra316 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Paul1255 @Bez8 

I'm glad I got to see everyone even if was only for 10 mins~~ great way to start my my last day at work before the Lunar New Year holidays~ and a belated Happy Birthday to Clara and Cathie~ 🎂 🎂 🎂 I'm sorry I wasn't there for the birthday song~ but here is cake~! 

Birthday Cake~!Birthday Cake~!

donkatsu (pork cutlet)  lunch boxdonkatsu (pork cutlet) lunch box

Photos are from our office Birthday Party last week 😄 

Since we can't eat out or share food.... our team got lunch boxes delivered and we ate together at a safe distance from one another in the large meeting room. We used hands to blow (fan) the candles out 🤣 

Hopefully the next meetup will be in the PM  Korean time so that I can have a beer while chatting with all you lovely people 😊

loved seeing you @Jessica-and-Henry0  and thanks for posting the pics.....yummy cake, yes, Happy Birthday to Cathie and me. That meal looks taste indeed.

@Lizzie @Katie @Cathie19 @Debra300 @Lawrene0 @Ann72 @Robin4 @Marissa107 @Alexandra316 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Paul1255 @Bez8 

You guys made such a difference in my world - just before the call I was so puny and had gotten an unexpected negative phone call interruption in my life and you guys flipped the script completely for me. Thanks everyone! 

I agree @Jessica-and-Henry0, that food looks terrific!  😍

Missed you all. I was on nonstop Zoom conferences. Hope everyone is well. I’ll be there next time!...Christine ❤️

@Christine615 : Missed you girl! 🌻

@Christine615 missed seeing and chatting with you lady! 🙂

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

I had a great time meeting all of you. It was a blast and I actually learnt a lot about different sauces. I thank all of you for that 

All adds to the hosting and guesting skills @Bez8!

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Today at noon our sky suddenly turned yellow, caused by dust arriving from the Sahara desert, 3,000 km far:

2021-02-06 15.31.28.jpg

This is how it looked from our dining place (same place as we used for our Zoom session on Thursday):

2021-02-06 14.41.46.jpg

This happens only once a year. Our guest from Asia was deeply impressed.