[Meetup] Friday March 19th: Community Social‌‌

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] Friday March 19th: Community Social‌‌

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

It's social meetup time again. This meetup will be back to our usual social meetup format–for anyone who hasn't attended before they are very relaxed online chats where we come together from across the world and imagine we are having a coffee with friends. Can you think of a nicer way to kick start the weekend? 🙂 

We haven't had an APAC friendly time zone for a few weeks, so I thought it was about time. I know this will be early for a few of you based in North America–sorry about this.

I've heard that the new Friday, is actually Friday (totally made that up), so our next social meetup will take place on Friday, March 19th, 2021 (12PM UK). I know we have a bit of movement with the world timezones as the seasons change over the next couple of weeks, so I'm hoping I get them all correct below.  

Here are a few timezones to help you know when the meetup is happening:

Friday March 19th, 5AM  (San Francisco / Vancouver)

Friday March 19th, 7AM  (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Friday March 19th, 8AM (New York / Toronto)

Friday March 19th, 1PM  (Spain / Netherlands)

Friday March 19th,  9PM (Seoul)

Friday March 19th,  9:30PM (Darwin)

Friday March 19th, 10:30PM  (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJctdO-orTMjGdOn7Z-9a7mLukPt6DcI4MCR

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars/people who have mentioned your would like to attend, but if you are new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2@Marissa107@Debra300@Yuan100@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi9@Marj2@Bez8@Paul1255@Alexandra316@Robin4@Inna22@Merrydith0

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible, so do let me know if you can. 🙂

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a regular online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

49 Replies 49
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie  "The new Friday is Friday" - 😂😂😂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha! I should go into Marketing.... @Ann72... 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie 

Henry said Friday dinner will be either makchang or gopchang~ so I'll be there at 9pm with my after-dinner beer in hand~ 🍺 

gopchang~gopchang~

makchang~makchang~

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I always enjoy seeing what you are having for dinner @Jessica-and-Henry0. 🙂 Both are making me feel hungry (but it is currently lunchtime here in the UK). 

It will be great to see you Jessica. 

--------------------

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Yummie - I LOVE Korean food!

Kanada 04.08.2015 19-26-36.JPGToronto 28.08.2015 18-41-31.JPG

@Till-and-Jutta0 

Jjamppong~  one of my favorites! Henry prefers jjajangmyeon. Come to Seoul for a visit~ 😁

@Till-and-Jutta0  @Jessica-and-Henry0 I LOVE JJAMPPONG TOO!!!!! There is this place near to my home that served handmade noodles with rich smokey broth. YUMMIESSS!!! 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Well, we will be out for the early evening celebrating Garry’s birthday. But with grandkids needing bed, we should be back in time for a wine or coffee and dessert! 

BTW @Lizzie, thanks for the Pacific friendly time slot. Much appreciated for the alternate occasion.

However, I do have a bone to pick with you....What do you mean by: “relaxed online chats where we come together from across the world and imagine we are having a coffee with friends! 

I AM having a coffee or a wine with friends! X

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2@Marissa107@Debra300@Yuan100,@Paul1255@Alexandra316@Robin4@Inna22@Kemi9  @Bez8,@Till-and-Jutta0.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Totally agree, I too feel it's like have a coffee or wine with friends @Cathie19... one day, it might actually be in person. How nice would that be.  

OOoo happy birthday to Gary for Friday, should we all start warming up our vocal cords for our inspirational Happy Birthday sing-a-long? 

--------------------

Our singing sucks! Especially with all the broadband width delays... bahahahahaha.

A choir we are NOT, but we could aspire to something!

I’m off to bed now as I’ve just finished my art homework for in the morning..

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lizzie Unfortunately, that's the middle of my workday, so no meetup for me! Hopefully next time. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw totally understand @Alexandra316. We will miss you. 🙂 

Hope all is going well. 

--------------------

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

I do hope so too that we will see you at the next meet...  @Alexandra316 

With love and best wishes from Mary

Yuan100
Level 10
Singapore

@Lizzie 

I just saw this after I got a message from Steph! I am now in Thailand so it would be 7pm around dinner time.  I might just pop by for a while to say hello to everyone while having dinner. See yaaa!