[Meetup] Friday March 19th: Community Social‌‌

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] Friday March 19th: Community Social‌‌

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

It's social meetup time again. This meetup will be back to our usual social meetup format–for anyone who hasn't attended before they are very relaxed online chats where we come together from across the world and imagine we are having a coffee with friends. Can you think of a nicer way to kick start the weekend? 🙂 

We haven't had an APAC friendly time zone for a few weeks, so I thought it was about time. I know this will be early for a few of you based in North America–sorry about this.

I've heard that the new Friday, is actually Friday (totally made that up), so our next social meetup will take place on Friday, March 19th, 2021 (12PM UK). I know we have a bit of movement with the world timezones as the seasons change over the next couple of weeks, so I'm hoping I get them all correct below.  

Here are a few timezones to help you know when the meetup is happening:

Friday March 19th, 5AM  (San Francisco / Vancouver)

Friday March 19th, 7AM  (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Friday March 19th, 8AM (New York / Toronto)

Friday March 19th, 1PM  (Spain / Netherlands)

Friday March 19th,  9PM (Seoul)

Friday March 19th,  9:30PM (Darwin)

Friday March 19th, 10:30PM  (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJctdO-orTMjGdOn7Z-9a7mLukPt6DcI4MCR

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars/people who have mentioned your would like to attend, but if you are new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2@Marissa107@Debra300@Yuan100@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi9@Marj2@Bez8@Paul1255@Alexandra316@Robin4@Inna22@Merrydith0

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible, so do let me know if you can. 🙂

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a regular online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

49 Replies 49
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It will be lovely to see you @Yuan100 🙂 Ooo dinner time sounds good, you can tell us all what yummy delights you have enjoyed. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie and all my buddies.....I have every intention to be joining in tomorrow.....big hugs, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It will be so lovely to see you @Clara116. I hope you are keeping ok. I missed seeing you at our last one. Big hugs back. 

--------------------

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

Hi @Lizzie @and @Stephanie,

Thanks for the reminder. See you tomorrow😊😘

Regards,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear you can make it tomorrow @Marissa107. Looking forward to catching up. 🙂

--------------------

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

I know that I've been absent from the community for a little while, but work has been keeping me busy.  I will definitely try to attend for an hour before my first work meeting.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It would be lovely to see you @Debra300. I've missed seeing you. I hope you are getting time for yourself with all the work you are doing. Take care. 

--------------------

Great seeing you @Debra300. 😊

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

This is 6am my time. I will do my best to attend and see your lovely faces 

Shelley319
Level 3
Columbia, MO

Thank you for the warm welcome this morning.  At first, I wondered if I had RSVP'd to a private meeting that I shouldn't have.  What an open group of attendees!  I am learning so much through each of you sharing your experiences.  I was disappointed to realize I had not charged my laptop battery overnight.  I apologize for the abrupt exit as a result.  I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Nice to meet you @Shelley319. 🌺

20210319_233838.jpg

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Quincy @Nick 

@Yuan100 @Debra300 @Cathie19 @Ann72 @Robin4 @Clara116 @Inna22 @Marissa107 @Roberta2 @Lawrene0 @Bez8 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Shelley319 @Nutth0 @Merrydith0 

I know I'm missing a few people who were at our meetup.... but I'm having trouble remembering all the numbers with the names so please help to tag anyone I haven't tagged and was at today's meetup~~ My friend sent an IM asking if I was busy during our meetup (probably because she needed advice about English tutoring for her son) so I said YES! Very busy now~ took a a photo (since a photo is worth a thousand words) and said I'd call her tomorrow 😁 

I guess this will have to do for our group photo~

It was really great seeing everyone~ A wonderful way to spend Friday night~ 

Great one... I also took a couple. I look so awfully like Garry! Bahahahaha. Have we been too long together? Bahahahaha... 🤣

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Nice shot @Jessica-and-Henry0😂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

It was a fabulous turnout today, and a real true pleasure to see everyone.  It made me want to get on a plane, and visit where everyone lives, even if I've been there before.  As Ann mentioned, people are just waiting to travel again.  I am in that group of people who are just itching to whip out our passports, and travel again.  

It's been many years since I've been to Asia, and I haven't yet traveled to the southern Pacific.  If I have my way, my spaces will get booked, but I will not get to meet all of my guests who are also travel junkies, because I will be seeing the world myself.

In the meanwhile, I do have plans this summer to go back to California for a few days to reconnect with my family and friends.  Hopefully, we can pop up to NYC for a few days to see some of Keep Cool's family who live there.  Of course, I have to see my girl, Ann.

Stay safe, everyone.

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Quincy @Nick 

@Yuan100 @Cathie19 @Ann72 @Robin4 @Clara116 @Inna22 @Marissa107 @Roberta2 @Lawrene0 @Bez8 @Till-and-Jutta0 @Shelley319 @Nutth0 @Merrydith0 . @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Inna22 @Stephanie