[Meetup] Friday March 19th: Community Social‌‌

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] Friday March 19th: Community Social‌‌

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

It's social meetup time again. This meetup will be back to our usual social meetup format–for anyone who hasn't attended before they are very relaxed online chats where we come together from across the world and imagine we are having a coffee with friends. Can you think of a nicer way to kick start the weekend? 🙂 

We haven't had an APAC friendly time zone for a few weeks, so I thought it was about time. I know this will be early for a few of you based in North America–sorry about this.

I've heard that the new Friday, is actually Friday (totally made that up), so our next social meetup will take place on Friday, March 19th, 2021 (12PM UK). I know we have a bit of movement with the world timezones as the seasons change over the next couple of weeks, so I'm hoping I get them all correct below.  

Here are a few timezones to help you know when the meetup is happening:

Friday March 19th, 5AM  (San Francisco / Vancouver)

Friday March 19th, 7AM  (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Friday March 19th, 8AM (New York / Toronto)

Friday March 19th, 1PM  (Spain / Netherlands)

Friday March 19th,  9PM (Seoul)

Friday March 19th,  9:30PM (Darwin)

Friday March 19th, 10:30PM  (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJctdO-orTMjGdOn7Z-9a7mLukPt6DcI4MCR

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars/people who have mentioned your would like to attend, but if you are new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2@Marissa107@Debra300@Yuan100@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi9@Marj2@Bez8@Paul1255@Alexandra316@Robin4@Inna22@Merrydith0

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible, so do let me know if you can. 🙂

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a regular online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

49 Replies 49
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your reply and kind words @Nutth0 . How lovely to know that you are a Buddhist practising Hinayana Buddhism.  

I am so impressed that you will spend time as a Monk. I salute you this is such a blessing to you, to those around you and of course to the whole world. Thank you very much and I will look up your recommendation to explore Wat Amaravati.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hello @Stephanie . 🌺

So with @Lizzie  being on Maternity leave, will you or someone else be hosting any CC Social  meetups?  With the last one being 19th March, I might go into withdrawals if I can’t see my global friends... .. .... ... including yourself!  😱🥰 Lizzie can join us as a “lay person”, just as you did during your leave. X

Any planned for this month? Anything on the horizon? 🙌🏼

Do I sound needy enough? 😃😄😁😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🍷🥤🍻🍦🧁🍿

💛

Cheers!  🌻

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Cathie19 

Don't worry, i'll put up a post soon! We're planning on two this month - one for social and one more focussed on hosting. 

Watch this space!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya everyone,

The new social is live for next week, check it out here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Interests/Community-Center-Social-Online-Meetup-April-15th/td-p/...

Thanks!

@Cathie19 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Thanks Cathie for the photos of faces from the last CC meeting. I have just found this page by going on the egg hunt and registering for the April meet up.

My first time experience was of interest as to what was being offered by other hosts. The friendship that appeared amongst the host with the same interest, humour, location in the world and whether being a remote or onsite host and of course sharing ones home.

See you there 11pm is my time