[Meetup] May 14th: Community social

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] May 14th: Community social

istockphoto-645542956-612x612.jpeg

Hi everyone, 

Bonjour, howdy and wilkommen! It's that time again: CC social! Some of you also took part in The Host Talk last week when we chatted about Sustainability. Unlike The Host Talk, the CC Social is a more casual and, well, social meetup. 

I bet you're wondering why we have such a mouth watering picture for this topic? Well, it's World Baking Day on May 17th so we thought it might be nice to share some baking recipes in the meetup and even share some of our more recent baking endeavours. Just make sure you've eaten beforehand - I can hear some tummies rumbling already!

The meetup will be on a APAC friendly timezone, and will take place on Friday May 14th, 1PM (BST).

Timezones for anyone not in the UK:

Friday 14th May 8am (EDT)

Friday 14th May, 7AM (EDT)

Friday 14th May, 2PM  (CEST)

Friday 14th May, 9PM (KST)

Friday 14th May 9:30PM (ACST (Darwin)

Friday 14th May, 10PM (ACST Melbourne) 

Are we having a breakfast pastry or a baked dessert? I can't wait to see!

[Update] Please register using this link:

https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYtdO-orjgrGdH9KGE1UH0jHwNGf1i02TZ2

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars:

@Jessica-and-Henry0 @Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Ann72@Roberta2@Marissa107@Debra300@Yuan100@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi9@Marj2 @Paul1255@Alexandra316@Robin4@Inna22@Merrydith0 @John5097 @Melodie-And-John0 @Mary996 @Kitty-and-Creek0 

Stephanie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a monthly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

25 Replies 25
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

So sorry 😢 but exactly at 14:00 (German time) starts one of our HAB meetings.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Till-and-Jutta0 

That's a shame! Maybe you can bob in later, would love to see some German baking! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

That's usually the middle of my workday, but it's actually a public holiday, so hurray! I will be there. 

Is there a typo? Says 8am and 7am EDT (I think I'm 7am CST - Kansas City). But I think I can make it. The topic sounds YUMMY!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Stephanie, @Christine615 , @Alexandra316  @Lawrene0  @Clara116  @Ann72  @Yuan100  @Jessica-and-Henry0  @Nutth0  @Inna22  @Roberta2  @Debra300  @Mary996 

I’m not sure if I’ll be eating late in the evening as it’s not good for digestion or the weight scales....... but then again, I do like my food! Lol...

Yuan100
Level 10
Singapore

@Cathie19 @Stephanie

Errmm yums! I've been trying to bake in a hotel (I MISS BAKING MUCH) in a steamer because there is no oven. Turns out pretty well 😄 

In the steamerIn the steamerFudgey browniesFudgey brownies

See you all this Friday, I will probably be eating at the same time, hope you guys don't mind!

xx

@Yuan100 I also don't have access to an oven right now, so I look forward to seeing your technique! 

I'm using a combi-magnetron (combination of an oven and a microwave) and things have turned out really oddly. 

@Alexandra316 

Ahhh!! I found it on youtube. But using my own brownies recipe and it works! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_IO5jRi9b4

I am going to attempt sourdough banana bread with Alfred (my starter name) next 😄 

@Yuan100 

I LOVE fudgey brownies~!!!!! 😍 😍 😍

Your's look soooo~ good~!!!!! 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Yuan100 

Wow - great job! Looks delicious...... 😍

Thank you @Cathie19 !! See you soonieee !

@Stephanie @Cathie19 @Yuan100 @Alexandra316 @Christine615 @Clara116 @Lawrene0 @Ann72 @Nutth0 @Inna22 @Roberta2 @Marissa107 @Debra300 

I will definitely be there~ but I may be a little late. Does heating up frozen egg tarts in the microwave count as baking??? 😆 😁 🤣 

다운로드.jfif

@Jessica-and-Henry0 we won't tell...

Yum @Jessica-and-Henry0; they look like Portuguese tarts!  😍