[Meetup] November 5th, 2020: Community Social

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] November 5th, 2020: Community Social

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry for not getting this out to you sooner, I'm sure I will lose my hat as meetup organiser soon. 🙂 

The next meetup is meant to be happening tomorrow (Wednesday, Nov 4th), but as I know many of you will be following the elections, I am conscious that you might not actually have been to bed by the time of the meetup (as it would be early in the morning for you). So I'm going to push it back a day and host it on Thursday November 5th. I hope this time/day works for you.

Details: Thursday November 5th, 1PM (UK)

Timezones:

Thursday November 5th, 7AM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Thursday November 5th, 8AM (New York / Toronto)

Thursday November 5th, 2PM (Spain)

Thursday November 5th, 10PM (Seoul)

Thursday November 5th, 10:30PM (Darwin)

Thursday November 5th, 11:30PM (Adelaide) - Sorry this is quite late for your Robin (I know you are a night owl)

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUucOqsrjgiEtI_DiYIRql4EdapjxyPqlpu 

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but anyone who is new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie 

I'm sooo looking forward to speaking with you, it's been a little while since our last meetup. 🙂 

Thanks so much and do let me know if you can make it. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

24 Replies 24
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

It sure is bright and early but I will try to join!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww that would be fantastic, @Inna22 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Lizzie , Maybe we could make it a slumber party, for the early AMers and the late nighters! Lol... (just kidding... ) A cocoa and coffee hour! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry this is so late for your @Cathie19, hope you have some jazzy PJs. 🙂 Definitely deserve several biscuits for this time of night. 

Looking forward to seeing you. 

--------------------

@Lizzie , I’m currently having some fruit and custard..... needing the sugar to stay awake! Lol...

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

@Lizzie 

I'm glad you changed the date and I hope it would always be on a Thursday from now on (:

See you tomorrow,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw wonderful to hear @Marissa107 - we've missed seeing you. Hope you are doing well. Speak to you tomorrow. 🙂 

--------------------

@Lizzie  @Marissa107 @Cathie19 @Inna22 

I'll be there~ I much prefer late PM than early AM 😁

We know @Jessica-and-Henry0  Jess, that you DON’T do mornings! Lol.. 🤣🤣

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thanks for the chat everyone...

@Lawrene0@Clara116@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72,  @Marissa107@Lizzie , @Liv. It was fantastic to catch up and to see you @Inna22 join the session. I’ll now need to look up all the jackfruit recipes and to see if can freeze them.  As it’s 0026 on Friday morning, it’s lights out for me! Enjoy your day and sweet dreams to Jess, as well!

I didn’t realise how much I missed your faces! Great to see you.  

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

Sorry that I missed the meet up.  My notifications aren't displaying properly (just get an error message saying that I have no notifications), and I didn't see this thread until now.  

We're back in Atlanta for the next month to do regular medical and dental exams.  Last week, Tropical Storm Zeta passed over us, and a very large tree in our back yard was uprooted.  Fortunately, it didn't fall away from our house (and green house) this time (it happened twice just before we purchased the house), but we had to run on generators for more about 30 hours, and no internet for two days.  Our neighbor had to have all of the power cables to his house replaced, and borrowed our second generator for 4 days.  We are well, but still can't open the guesthouse in St. Lucia when we return.

Hope to see everyone later this month.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-29 at 12.55.56 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-29 at 12.55.56 PM.jpeg

@Debra300   

Same here. I click onto notifications and it says: „You have no notivications“. That's wrong, I do have 4 notifications but they don't show. This glitch doesen't happen very often, but it happens from time to time.

What happens all the time is, that I get kudus or someone mentions me what I can see in the refering post, but I do not get notified at all or I get notified hours later, in the middle of the night.

If someone mentions me and I don't reply that can come across as unpolite, but I just didn't know.

What also happens is: I did get a notification, click onto it to get to the refering post and when I go back to "notifications", this very notification I had just clicked on has disappeared. And it will never come back.

2020-11-05 no notifications.jpg

This prompt is a lie.  I have an unknown number of new notifications and thousands of old notifications.

"Try posting a new topic or question to see some activity here". I have published more than 5000 posts and they ask me for "some activity". That's not fair.

@Lizzie   

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no! Thanks for the heads up on this issue with the notification feed @Debra300 and @Ute42. We had this problem a while back and it was fixed, I'll flag it to the product team. 

Aww it was a shame not to see you Debra, I'll make sure I send you a DM when the next one is on, which will be in a couple of weeks. I hope the exams went well and you are not treating yourself after all that studying? 

Phew on the tree, your greenhouse is a very interesting shape, so that would have been such a shame–it wasn't meant to be. I hope there isn't much work to do to get everything back to how it's meant to be. Sending you all the best with this.

Speak to you both soon and thanks again. I'll keep you posted on the feed. 🙂

--------------------

@Debra300 I am so glad it did not fall on your house!