[Meetup] September 23rd: community social

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] September 23rd: community social

CC social.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well. It sounds like the last Community Center was very much enjoyed, which is fantastic to hear.  I'm looking forward to hearing all about it and catching up. Another two weeks has past us by and so it time for our next gathering. 

The meetup will be on a North America friendly timezone, and will take place on Wednesday September 23rd, 10PM (UK time). 

Timezones:

Wednesday September 23rd, 4PM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Wednesday September 23rd, 5PM (New York / Toronto)

Wednesday September 23rd, 11PM (Spain)

Thursday September 24th, 6AM (Seoul)

Thursday September 24th, 6:30AM (Darwin)

Thursday September 24th, 7AM (Melbourne) 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpc-GoqzIpHNMVB7YbOOwl4eonr16Fypuo 

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but anyone who is new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie 

If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss then just let me know. Fingers crossed you can make it, and so looking forward to speaking with you. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

15 Replies 15

@Lizzie 

I probably won't be able to join tomorrow's social (since it's at 6am) but I will look forward to seeing the group photo and hearing about how it goes 😁

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

🙂 No worries @Jessica-and-Henry0, enjoy your sleep. Will see you at the next one. I hope all is going well for you. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie  I'm so sorry I won't be able to come tomorrow!  Will look forward to the next one.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww no problem @Ann72, we will miss you. Hope this week is going better than the last. See you at the next one. 

--------------------

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie 

For once, I am not working, but I already organised a movie night for my guests and they are really excited about it! As we're doing a double bill, unfortunately we won't be finished by 10pm 😞

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds great fun @Huma0. I hope you enjoy yourself. What's on the film list? ... I hope there is popcorn. 🙂

--------------------

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie 

We did a Joe Wright double bill of Atonement and Pride and Prejudice. No popcorn as we decided to order in Vietnamese. Unfortunately the take out was a bit of a disaster, but the movies went down well.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie 

I am not saying I will, or I won't! Lest see how I pull up at 6.30 in the morning!

Cheers........Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

OOo @Robin4 I know you aren't a huge fan of early morning meetups, so if we see you that would be lovely. If not, enjoy your lie in and we will put you down for the evening meetup in a few weeks.... 

--------------------

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

(1022DF5A-ABB9-4220-99C3-D1D04FC8BEF6.jpegCB92DBB7-D456-45FF-82F3-652E47498047.jpeg
Daylight Savings soon in Australia for four states.)

Just an FYI @Lizzie  & @Katie

I am unsure if other country changes, if any, but in Australia, four states go onto eastern Summer Daylight Savings from the first Sunday in October at 0200 (2am) -> becoming 3am..

Eg 1.  When it’s 10PM (UK time). Current Australian Standard Timezones If a Wednesday in London, then a Thursday morning in Australia.

Thursday September 24th, 7AM (Melbourne-VIC,  Sydney-NSW, Hobart-TAS, Canberra-ACT, Brisbane-QLD) All these 5 states have the same time zone. 

Thursday September 24th, 6:30AM (Adelaide-SouthAustralia, Darwin- NT)

Thursday September 24th, 5:00AM (Perth - WA)

Taking note:

EASTERN SUMMER DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME changes in Australia, begins Sunday 4th October at 0200 (2am). The 4 states who participate, turn their clocks forward by one hour.

Queensland, although an eastern state, does not participate as they are large, and like us in the Northern Territory, it just doesn’t suit in the north of the state.

SO.........

Now with the change to Eastern Summer Daylight Savings Time (adopted by NSW, Victoria, ACT and Tasmania) 

If a meeting starts at: 12PM  (1200 UK time) All the same day.... for UK and Oz.

10:00PM (Melbourne-VIC,  Sydney-NSW, Canberra-ACT, Hobart-TAS) All these 4 states are NOW an EXTRA hour ahead.

BUT the following don’t change, making a wider time gap!

9:00PM  (Brisbane-QLD)
8:30PM. (Adelaide - South Australia) ** a half hour forward increase in time....

7.30PM  (Darwin- NT)

6:00PM  (Perth, Western Australia)

So just giving you a heads up, the time zones will matter for faces in front of the screens.... Like Asian time zones, and  @Jessica-and-Henry0 , @Yuan100  & @Kath9 ,  I’m not likely to be getting out of bed at 5am for you my friends! (Probably why no WA hosts currently join in at either morning slots (normal or with daylight savings). Too early a start for a normal going  out to work day! Lol...

Any other countries changing their time zones? It may need to be considered with morning Social  CC meetings etc.

@Cathie19 @Lizzie @Katie 

Fortunately, no daylight saving in S.Korea. 😁

Yuan100
Level 10
Singapore

@Lizzie 

I totally miss out on this post! I hope you guys had a great fun 😄 

@Cathie19 thank you for highlighting the different time zones. 

I look forward to catching up more with you guys in the next meetup 😄 Weee till then stay well everyoneeee! 

Yuan 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

I am sorry that I missed this meet up.  We are in the process of renovating the guest suites building out the new kitchenettes, and it takes longer, because our house is made of brick and mortar.  I plan to be done next week, and will post pictures.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Excited to see the before and after pics @Debra300 😃