Share your art projects!

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Share your art projects!

Just finishing this for our New Orleans condo. I can never afford all the art I want, so I have to try and make my own. Anyone else making stuff they would like to share? I would love to see what you have created. 

painting 2021 11.jpg

52 Replies 52
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I love that, @Laura2592!  The colors are phenomenal, the brush-strokes beautiful, I love your use of blue in the jug and the tablecloth, and I adore floral still-lifes.  When are you having a show???

I can't so much as hold a brush, but I find bargain art and have my contractor make simple frames for it, then add it to a wall.  Here's of a gallery wall at my Airbnb.  My favorite is the sunflowers, which is signed "Peggy Sparrow, 1934."  I probably paid all of $28 for it.

IMG_4700.jpeg

@Ann72 I love that one! I'm doing a series on neon backgrounds. Goes with the vibe of our new Orleans place. 

Loving the cheer from the sunflowers and the whole flower focus is lovely! @Ann72.  🌻💛

😘 @Cathie19 - nice to see you!

@Ann72 , likewise my friend! 🌷

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I’d love to say this was my work but sadly it’s not.  These two wrinkly butts are over the rainbow bridge now but the artist really captured their silly personalities.  It’s massive and takes up a wall in the kitchen/family room. 

We’re pet friendly and it’s a cheery addition. 

A0C31452-2E40-4FEC-B3C0-76FB4300EB1F.jpeg

@Amanda660 so sweet.  What a lovely tribute. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

A little bird told me that @Sandra126 has something on the boil, so I hope she'll post!  🙂

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Laura2592,

I agree with @Ann72 in that the colors and texture really pop.  I also cannot hold a paint brush, but am pretty handy with small power tools.  We had very large blank walls in the guest suites, and didn't have the budget to purchase enough artful items to fill the spaces.  We decided to put of adhesive murals, and will make some nice frames for them when we return later this month.Room 2-Picture.jpeg

Deluxe Studio Mural Sitting Area.jpeg

Superior Studio Wall Mural.jpeg

Absolutely love those @Debra300!

@Debra300 those are awesome! Where did you get them?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Laura2592,

I bought them on Amazon.  The following links are the ones that I bought, but just search for removable wall murals.  We did use a little contact cement on corners.  So, ours won't come off very easily, but it's okay because we have plastered brick walls, and don't have to worry about wall damage too much if we do decide to remove them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07595XHRP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074Z1TVYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XNWBDB5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Ok, I'll play. I've been painting furiously for a whole now, populating a wall or three in my future bnb. Heres one. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sandra126,

Your photo didn't upload.