Sweden on Airbnb!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sweden on Airbnb!

Hello Everyone,

I wasn't sure if you have seen this, so I thought I would share it with you. Sweden is the first place to enlist their entire country on Airbnb! A creative video promoting Sweden was released this week and it really shows the country from a very special angle! 🙂

To find out more, take a look at the announcement here.

What do you think? Have you ever been to Sweden?

(If you are like me, you may want to pack your bags now! hehe)  🙂

Enjoy!

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

6 Replies 6
Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

@Lizzie

It is beautiful isn't it. I lived in Stockholm for 2 years and nothing in the world compares to the Swedish Archipelago Islands and Midsummer celebrations!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I would love to visit Sweden, I love the outdoors. I have heard that you can kayak around some of the islands in Sweden, which I would really like to do! 🙂 

I didn't know you once lived in Sweden @Rachael26, you are very well travelled. Have you been back recently? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Norway also has the same law as Sweden called "allemannsretten" (all man's right). You can go anywere in Norway and camp for a max of two nights as long as you leave the place as you found it, no trace that you have been there. There are certain exceptions like the distance to the landowners house and no camping on cultivated land used for producing food/animals. But the law is very strong on the wanderer's behalf. Behave, and you can rest anywere.

Mariann 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It sounds amazing @Mariann4, it is incredible you can explore so much beautiful countryside. Do you think the whole of Norway could be put on Airbnb? 🙂 

Have you been to Sweden?

--------------------

The whole of Norway already is on Airbnb, @Lizzie.

Kinda... 😄 Except from the booking fees and cleaning fees. 😉

I don't know if you remember an old thread in Community were a fellow Norwegian explained that when renting cabins in Norway it is expected that the guest clean the cabin before departure? It is much of the same. You borrow and then leave without marks or traces. Its a trust issue. I can see from some reviews that this is very strange for many foreign guests.

I go to Sweden every summer. Its a long ride for me to get there. So I use the oportunity when in Oslo visiting friends during my summer vacations. We do something called "Harry-shopping". Harry being the nickname for something a bit outdated, strange, cheap schanck etc. The funny thing is: I understand Swedish. I sometimes have to use Swedish words to be understood. But more and more Swedes don't understand Norwegian and want me to speak English. Very sad.

Hello

I live in Sweden especially in Bålsta and I have my room to rent out on airbnb.

But I really don't know how to start the process.

Thanks