That's our first 50.....now for the next

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

That's our first 50.....now for the next

May 27th was the celebration of Ade's and my 50th wedding anniversary, so I booked Kareena and Kel's  Airbnb farmstay in the southern highlands of New South Wales and the family had a lovely few nights and days there.

Kareena provided us with a lovely home in beautiful surroundings with some nice extra's for our arrival......

PART_1623656695552.jpg

We don't get to do this too often, sheer distance in Australia keeps many families apart for extended periods but, that makes those times together just that bit more special.

The girls had set up everything they could inside the house in gold, with gold balloons, streamers, gold gloves and outfits, gold coins, gold knives and forks, even gold bow ties for Ade and I.......and of course, golden crowns for us to wear!

PART_1623656641860.jpg

They even had cards made with things we used to say to each other....Ade used to say to me, 'Love you to the moon and back'. We received our trophy as their 'Ultimate champions'........ and that chest was full of multiple choice question and answer cards relating to our 50 years together.

The location was perfect....if only Ade hadn't blinked........

IMG_20210614_105550.jpg

Ade and I each had to seat ourselves on our lavish thrones!!...

jpeg-imag.jpg

and we had one of those beautiful few days that you remember for the rest of your life......

IMG_20210601_221555.jpg

The only family member missing from those shots is our youngest member so, I had to get a photo of Sarah and Sailah in his deep sea leg-ins with matching dummy on the way down to Kareena's  Airbnb.

IMG_3132.jpg

Ade and I are blessed to have had this 50 years together and have such a beautiful family, the grandies are growing up before our eyes.

Resized_20201004_085745.jpeg

Now it's back to hosting, but also......... looking forward to our next 50 years!

Cheers........Rob

@Lizzie  @Stephanie @Liv  @Quincy  @Nick  @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Sarah977 @Ann72 @Lisa723  @Inna22 @Fred13 @Elaine701  @Christine615

@Cathie19 @Andrew0 @Kelly149  @Pat271  @Laura2592 @Colleen253  @Helen3 and @Ute42 ........and other old CC friends I was unfortunately unable to tag!

25 Replies 25
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4 It was so lovely to read you had such a marvellous time and,  as you said, here's to the next 50! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nick 

With a bit of luck I might get to shake your hand in this next 50 Nick!

Cheers.......Rob

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4 Congratulations to you and Ade 🎉

Your family seems so lovely, I really enjoyed the pictures 😊  Glad to see you had such a good time!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Liv 

Liv, as lovely as it was, it did make me feel old, it made me feel like the best of my life has been. 

Our generation has been replaced.....here we are two generations further in time.......

export1623748119948.jpg

We, Ade and I however are in a lovely part of our lives.....we never thought we would get this time together when her illness was diagnosed. And I do have Airbnb to thank for that, we do have other investments but that $2,000 we get from Airbnb each month helps to give us the financial freedom to do what ever we want.

I have looked after Airbnb, but Airbnb have looked after me too, it really has been a win/win.

Cheers........Rob  

Wow! Congratulations. We hit our 33rd anniversary and we're still best friends! Wishing you many years of happiness! ❤️

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christine615 

Chris, a year is a dot in time, a decade is a milestone, 30+ years is an adventure into life's sanctuary. When someone can say that familiar face they wake to each day for the past 33 years is still their best friend.....mate, that is a life long commitment!

I hope I am still here to congratulate you on your 50th which I am sure will be something special

Take care my friend! 

Cheers......Rob

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Happy anniversary @Robin4 and Ade 🙂

Congratulations @Robin4

Happy 50th anniversary~ 

캡처.JPG

@Jessica-and-Henry0 

Thanks Jess....my god, that looks amazing, Kareena's efforts were not quite as spectacular as that!

The Grandkids, Madison and Ivy, were so excited about the preparations, I think it was the highlight of their year to spell out 50 in small gold rocks, set the dining table up with the gold cutlery and the gold cups while Sarah and Kate set up all the balloons and streamers. We were told to remain in our bedroom, we could hear all the commotion going on and eventually there was a knock on the door! Ivy and Madison each had a gold blindfold, one for Ade and one for me, we were told to put them on and given strict instructions not to peak and they lead us by the hand out into the large living area which had been converted into a veritable golden cave, and we were treated like royalty after that.

Fifty years is a big chunk of a persons life let alone the life of a couple. Here were our girls Sarah and Kate back in 1977......

img028.jpg

004.jpg

Little did we know how what wonderful kids they would grow up to be.....we are truly lucky. 

Cheers........Rob

@Robin4 , dont bring those beautiful little grandbabies around my wife Melodie, she would squeeze them and pinch their cheeks till they were rosy!  What a nice family you and Ade have created!!!!!!!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Robin4 

Congratulations you two! Garry and I are at 42 years, so we’ll keep trying to catch up to you both! Lol. Seriously epic and well done! 🥂💐8A7989AA-4477-4EAC-88E6-2510127A5C9B.jpeg

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Congratulations @Robin4 to you and Ade! What an inspiration you both are 😊 And what more fitting way to celebrate than by having a lovely weekend away with all the family in an Airbnb! The piccies are fab.

And congrats to @Cathie19 and @Christine615 who are not far behind you 💜 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Katie 

Thanks Katie, the prognosis for MS sufferers is not great, although Ade was diagnosed in 1994 she has had it since 1976. Three years ago, as @Lizzie  will tell you, I thought I was going to have to put her into a care facility. But she rallied and has held this b*stard of a disease at bay.  Every second night since June 1994 she gives herself an injection of Beteferon......is it doing any good? Heaven knows but she does say, 'If I don't do it, I can't say I have given this disease my best shot'! 

Every day is a new horizon for us, and there are lots of lovely days. I have the booking calendar blocked next week from the 20th to the 27th, we have these good friends who have this lovely 32ft cruiser that sleeps 4 pretty well, so we are going over to Kangaroo Island for the week.....it's going to be a sh*t load of fun!!!

Cheers.........Rob    

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Robin4  When I see a new post from you, I know I'm in for a treat.  I save them for a time when I can sit down and really enjoy them.  This one is just perfect in every way.

Your whole family is absolutely beautiful and I love, love, love the way your daughters went for the gold.  Ade looks soooo beautiful!  I love a lady who knows how to wear a glove, and boy does she ever.  You two look fantastic together.

I also love all the additional details that you handed out to each of the posters, so that in the end we had an even better story.

You have outdone yourself, mate - not only in storytelling, but in a life well lived.  No Bronx cheers for you - just a heartfelt Bravo.