The Queens' Airbnb

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

The Queens' Airbnb

I thought I would share a funny story that I found on the news a while back. I posted this originally on another forum and am reposting about this hilarious article here!  

The news?  It's that --- "the Queen moves out of Buckingham Palace, puts up her place on Airbnb"

The Queen needs to travel from Buckingham Palace, but due to costs for her world travel and work on her other properties, she is trying to recoup some of her expenses through Airbnb-ing her place out.

Take a look at the Queen's Airbnb posting:

http://bit.ly/1TNqssq

Only 18,000 British Pounds Sterling = 28,288 US Dollars per night. Comes with 183 bedrooms, undisclosed number of Corgis, staff of 3000. No more than 20,000 guests, please!!

3 Replies 3
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Deborah0 The link is broken: Error 404 - Page Not Found!

@Till-and-Jutta0  ---Oh dear -- well it WAS there ---- maybe her Royal Highness was not amused, and told the Poke to stop poking fun at her????!  The link takes you to the Poke's website, so they must have removed that article.  I now give you the screenshot of the article before it got taken out: (PS -- IMHO, a newspaper --or TV show etc -- whose sole purpose is humor or satire, which exists just to poke fun at public figures or institutions, should be able to do so fairly freely, as it is so common and so healthy for us all to have good deep belly laughs over very public figures particularly) 

Screenshot (61).png

I tried to reserve a room here but it was full up due to the Rugby World Cup.I think she is having second thoughts, because like alot of new hosts she didn't have enough house rules: 1) It's not because it's called The Ballroom that scrums are allowed. 2) Please refrain from using phrases like" Piggies and Princesses" 3) No Pilfering 4) When we ask guests to recycle we don't mean " that you go into a ruck and make the ball available for the next phase.4) Please don't consult "the man upstairs", I'm in charge here!