The future of transportation

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The future of transportation

3 - stock-photo-ny-midtown-by-emanuelhahn-145720175_HR1.jpg

Hello everyone!

I read an article recently regarding the future of transportation. You may have heard of Qatar Airways who currently hold the record of world's longest commercial flight (9,032 miles), or perhaps the SpaceX rocket that can return back to earth from space, the Hyperloop train that can bring you from London to Amsterdam in 29 minutes, Amazon's delivery drones, or Tesla's electric cars!

Some ways of transportation mentioned above are currently still being tested and hopefully will be ready for us in the near future. Imagine having your parcel delivered by drone or being dropped off at a friend with a flying taxi, or perhaps you already own a piece of technology by owning an electric car :-).

I was wondering what you think of the future of transportation?

I think that the future of transportation looks very promising!

I look forward to seeing your replies!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

5 Replies 5
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Quincy, I got very excited about the future of transportation in 2015 when Airbnb notified me that, based on my ratings, I qualified for a complimentary Tesla charger. We are well off the beaten path, and I could not imagine a Tesla owner driving her gleaming $101,000 car onto our gravel road, but cool. Given our remoteness from other charging stations, the poor thing might have no choice. Perhaps I could value-add a stone chip repair service. She could pick burdock burrs from her stockings while waiting. 

I called an electrician. 

He estimated the cost to install the free charger at thousands of dollars, since we needed an electrical service upgrade to do it. 

So, although I think it was a brilliant collaboration between Airbnb and Tesla and I'm not kidding about being excited, it just wasn't practical here. I wonder whether anyone did, though. If you are host reading this who took the free charger, will you write to say how that went? I haven't heard a word about it since, and I am curious. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lawrene0,

I hope you're well!

I had to chuckle about the stone chip repair service :-). I wonder as well if there are any other hosts who might have the Tesla charger installed. 

(p.s. I wouldn't mind having a Tesla car)

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Well, @Quincy, I use teleportation. I've been on Qhws65yzx9 for a few weeks. The weather is fine. I'm spending a nice day at the beach, sunbathing on the beach. There are 800 billion of suns.

The sky is purple and these aliens, that I have hosted for a while in my house in January, are really kind. They wanted to return the invitation. Now I'm a guest in their home. Sometimes they come to bring me fresh drinks and ask if I need something. Now they ask me what I want for lunch.

"Could I have saffron risotto?" "Do not worry" - my host Mr. VxxxkhII smiles reassuring, a very cultured, polite and green man - "Here on Qhws65yzx9 anything is possible".

Here I am, dear friends, under electric palms, pink sand and an infinite sea, quiet and without waves. The music is spread in the air from who knows where, there are six million free channels to choose from, you do not pay taxes, and you move from one point to another in the galaxy, Wow! What a fantastic place! Really another world.

I do not return any more, I stay here forever. Farewell, farewell to you who would hear, you lonely travelers all…

Emily a Qhws65yzx9, M 104 (28 million light years from the Earth)

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

During the last oil crisis, the price of donkeys rose astronomically.

Friends of mine charge their Tesla by solar.

Peggy14
Level 2
Utopia, TX

I would happily never drive again. I live in Texas and everything is a long drive! Bring on those self driving cars.