The getting to know you game!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The getting to know you game!

Cuppa

Hello everyone,

We may speak to one another often around the CC, but how well do we actually know each other? I thought it would be nice to take the time to ask each other some light-hearted questions and to get to know each other a little better.

As we already have the fantastic Introduce Yourself thread going on in the Welcome and Announcment board, I thought we could create a game around this instead. 🙂 

It is really simple! Just ask a question to the next person and answer the question the previous person posted. This way we can learn some interesting things about our fellow community members. 

I'll go first....

Do you have any hobbies you like to enjoy?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

9 Replies 9
Aesha0
Level 6
Dallas, TX

Hi Lizzie, I tried to respond from the app on my phone but it would not allow me to type. I am Aesha in the Dallas TX area and my favorite hobbies are traveling, reading, technology, art and interior design. I recently went to Costa Rica and stayed with a fabulous host there. He was a total lifeline for me and helped make my experience wonderful. 

The question for the next person is what book have you read that has had  a significant impact on your life and why? 

Hello Aesha - a book I have read that has had a big impact on my life is "Privelege of Parenting".  It is life changing for me, because it was the first parenting book I read that wasn't just a prescription for fixing behaviors.  It really helped me to empathize with my children and consider their perspective.  

My question for someone is Beach, Mountains, Plains, Rivers - what is your go to topography for relaxation?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie

Why don't you start by telling us a bit about yourself and your role here at the community forum?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen3,

Thanks for your question. 

To share a little bit about myself, I love music and I use to play the flute and I take every opportunity I can to be outside, preferably if possible on water as I have recently started sailing! @Nancy67, I am trying to knit a hat at the moment, it is kind of the wrong time of year for this here, but I may be asking you for some tips! 🙂

As a general overview, my role is to ensure that the Community Center is a pleasant environment for everyone to feel part of and respected in. 

The main purpose of the CC is as a place for peer-to-peer discussion, a place for you and your fellow members to come together. This is why it is not managed by any of the Support Team. As part of my role, I spend a lot of time collecting community feedback, reporting on it and representing the voice of CC members. As part of this I work with many different teams within Airbnb.

I also share here Airbnb news and updates in the Announcement board, so that you are kept as up-to-date as possible (including dates for the webinar series which you may have seen). 

I believe very strongly in the power of the Community and I love being a part of ours here. As a result of you asking me this, I think it might be useful to have a seperate post on this, so I will put one together. 🙂 

Back to the game though, as I don't want to hog the limelight here! There have been some great responses, I think we are on @Melanie58's question. Thanks Melanie.

To recap, Melanie asked: Beach, Mountains, Plains, Rivers - what is your go to topography for relaxation? 

Who is up next?

(Helen?)  🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Nancy67
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Aesha0. Who has time for books as an aibnb host? The message board is way more informative, dramatic and life changing, Lol.
I'm Nanc, I live in a high traffic Southern US tourist town. My hobbies are knitting, sewing, gardening painting, sculpture, rehabbing houses and road side furniture finds.

I beg your pardon - are we going to turn the forum into a chat room now ?

My main concern is keeping the guests happy - that takes time and effort.

Forum is great for keeping up to date on changes and I also try to contribute when I have time.

Marit Anne, I believe Lizzie is attempting to create a little common ground and community within the community, so you might know the people you rely on for answers, or conversely, understand some of your fellow hosts better when responding to them when you have time.

@Nancy67

We are fellow hosts and there is access to our profile and our listings.  I do not feel comfortable with revealing more on a public forum.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marit-Anne0, thanks for sharing your feeling on this, it is no problem at all, I completely understand. The answers are meant to be light-hearted here, a little bit of fun and like the rest of the boards here in the CC, participation is completely optional. 

Have a lovely weekend and speak to you soon. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------