The guessing game!

Marko2
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

The guessing game!

Hi @Lizzie and @Marjo0, you still wants to play guessing games?

Ok, I'll start with words if you join will be nice.
Well, we'll play 'what is the name of this city'. 

This city is the capital of one state. There are two old town inside of and a big old fortress at heart of itself.
Located on two rivers which is getting a confluence with a nice landscape. One of them is well-known in the International waters.
It has a large lake, intact island that is habitat for many birds, one low mountains at outskirts, couple beautiful parks and two (or three) forests. 

If someone wants to play, I'll get back to once at week and write something else. Or to explain more about what I wrote.

Until the next meeting - stay well! Marko

32 Replies 32
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Marko2,

What a great post! I was just thinking it would be great to have some more games here. 🙂

Has anyone got any ideas or would like to ask any further questions to kick this off?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Welcome aboard @Lizzie

Why don't you try?

Delighted you, but didn't you ready to try it? 😄

Best!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Um..ok, @Marko2...this is testing my geography skills quite a bit here! 

I'm going to try and guess the continent first. Is it in Europe? 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Really!
@Lizzie don't worry is not hard at all. I guess that it will be easy and for you.

Yes, the city is from Europe.

As first time the fortress has mentioned at 3rd century BC, when the Celtic was there. This is equals the history of city itself.

The mountain is located 16 Km south-east from a city downtown. It stands at 511 metres (1,677 ft) above sea level, which means that it enters the mountain category just by 11 meters.

The lake is 4.2 km long, has an average width of 200 m and is 4 to 6 m deep. Located in the city core, it covers and area of 0.8 km2 and is 78 m above sea level, one of the lowest areas of the city.

You could find a ski slope and something similar but much opposite such as ski lift at water surface. Many different architectural styles and couple museum of global famous people.

PS: I would like post a video clip and maybe couple of pictures. @Lizzie can I add the video at this conversation?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Marko2 I think I know what it is....(drum roll)...your hometown of Belgrade, Serbia? 🙂

--------------------

This is funny @Lizzie I think you have guessed like a smooth fox. If this does not violate the rules of the community, now you have a new nickname the Fox Lizzie. I hope so that you can accepting as a compliment.

That's right! I was wrote about Belgrade, Serbia.

Belgrade

Belgrade 

If you would like to continue the game it's your turn next.

Best! Marko

PS: For the records; at the Serbian lenguage a Fox means Lisica. Getting on-line a good translator to use and find a different at sounds. 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Marko2, I am excited it is now my turn 🙂

The city I am thinking of is regularly mistaken as the country's capital city, but isn't. It has a year long outside lifestyle and is home to wonderful beaches. It has many iconic landmarks, including an incredible building designed by danish architect Jørn Utzon.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am happy to give more clues.

--------------------

@Lizzie can I try it? Sidney 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great answer @Ana7, it is Sydney. Well done!! I was beginning to think no-one was going to guess it. 🙂 Have you ever visted Sydney?

Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House designed by Jørn Utzon

Sydney Bridge
Sydney Harbour Bridge

The baton now passes on to you to think of a city and then we get to guess...I'm excited to see where will you choose? 🙂

Enjoy!

Lizzie

--------------------

Unfortunately not... But I am planning to!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds good @Ana7, it is a great city. I visited some friends there last year and I really enjoyed exploring it more. 

Any idea of what the next city to guess will be yet? 🙂

--------------------

Taryn4
Level 10
Austin, TX

Oh oh oh, can I play!!!???

It is the land of Fire and Ice. 

Jon Snow "knows nothing" here. 

The capital city of this country means "Smoking Mountain"

You can step on two techtonic plates at the same time. 

What is this Country that I speak of? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Hi @Taryn4......I think the city you have talked about is Reykjavik, which would make the country Iceland......And you are right, it sure is the land of fire and ice! Very rarely is there no volcanic activity going on and also vary rarely is there no snow!!!

Great hosting to you Taryn....cheers......Rob

Great job! 

Your turn!

T.