Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The most romantic city you've visited

pablo (4).png

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all well!

Being an Airbnb host, you'll have guests come and visit from many different countries and cities. This made me wonder which city you've visited that you find the most romantic and why? What was it about this city that made your trip so memorable? I've been to a few cities in Italy which I loved, but I found Florence, and Venice to be particularly romantic cities :-). 

I'd love to hear your replies! 

Here's is the link to the 'Suggest an off-topic' post—Feel free to post any ideas!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

9 Replies 9
Michaela-Ingrid0
Level 1
Albuquerque, NM

My new favorite city is Oakland CA USA , cool sea breezes , yet warm, everything close, easy to get to . Great roads, public transport is awesome. Great food, drink, walking , water everywhere , So FUN ! - Michaela Maestas 

WELL I HAVE TO AGREE WITH MICHAELA. I RESIDED IN OAKLAND AND I MUST SAY IT TURNED ME INTO A BEACH BUM FOR SURE AND THE FOOD IN JACK LONDON SQUARE IS TASTY NOW HERE I AM MUCH OLDER AS I WATCH TV OR ATTEND STAND UP COMEDY I SEE THOSE I'VE WENT TO SCHOOL WITH ON TV CONTINUEING TO TICKLE ME WITH LAUGHTER OAKLAND IS THE CITY NOW KNOW AS "THE TOWN" THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY AS I CAN RELATE!!

MIMI/MICHAELS CO-HOST

Delphine16
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

@Quincy hello... again an interesting subject. I have been thinking for a while... so after all our travels, I would say:

_Vienna: nice pâtisseries, beautiful parks with benches to relax, amazing architecture, cozy cafés, horses in the street, sofisticated atmosphere

_Vancouver: the first stop on our 3yrs travel. I still remember sitting by the ferry docks, looking at the mountains opposite and Stankey Park, drinking a beer and eating olives, it was a sunny. The views were just amazing. Just wish that I will go back one day.

_Paris: for everything it is famous for

_Edinburgh: its park, its long Royal Mile,its views, its friendly pubs, its architecture... just a city to discover with your boyfriend

_Singapore:watching the lights over the city from the dam (pass the Garden by the Bay)... that day I was in my own, but I wish that my husband was with me. Very romantic.

Cannot wait for the next topic!

Have a good weekend,

Delph

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Delphine16,

I hope you're well!

I haven't been to Vienna, Vancouver, and Singapore, but I'd love to go there sometime! I've lived in Edinburgh for a while, and I totally agree with your answer 🙂 

Feel free to Suggest an off-topic @Delphine16

-----

Delphine16
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

@Quincy book your flights and go... amazing!

You may not come back if you go to Vancouver!

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Quincy

Hands down has to be Venice.  Especially when the boardwalks are flooded and you have to walk the planks to your favorite cafe with someone special holding your hand to keep you steady!

Lisa

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Lisa658,

Venice is amazing! I've been in a Gondolas and it was lovely 🙂 

We haven't had any flooded boardwalks while we were there, but it sounds very adventurous though!  

-----

Michael287
Level 2
Seattle, WA

There are so many romantic things to do in Paris: take a bottle of champagne to a park bench on the Seine, the chocolate mousse bar at Chapon, tiny table in candlelit restaurant, making a picnic collecting from so many different shops, a free organ concert at Ste Eustache...but taking a train in first class in France or anywhere in Europe is pretty romantic too

@Quincy

I would have to put Amsterdam and Barcelona up there near the top , mainly because whenever I go there, I see straight couples,gay couples, mixed race couples, each walking hand in hand, in a city that is generally accepting and not discriminating. That for me defines a "romantic" city.