Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The total solar eclipse

pablo.png 

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well today.

Today I wanted to talk about the very special event that occurred in the United States 'The total solar eclipse.'

The eclipse in the United States was the first total solar eclipse in 99 years which is a once-in-a-lifetime experience! In the past few months I've seen many hosts preparing their homes to receive guests from all over the world to witness this event.

Did you anyone see the eclipse? Or perhaps you've decided to witness this with your friends and family or did you host any guests who specifically visited to experience the total solar eclipse?

I look forward to hearing from you.

This was the view of the eclipse from the UK—not quite total 🙂

Eclipse UK.jpg

(Source: The Guardian, Rick Fienberg)

Here's is the link to the 'Suggest an off-topic' post—Feel free to post any ideas!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

6 Replies 6
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Amber-and-Mike0 @Nikaya0 @Sherry62, I thought you might be interested in this topic 🙂 

-----

Ken28
Level 10
Newburgh, IN

My view from Newburgh, IN:

Eclipse

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great photo @Ken28. 🙂 I have to say I do get excited by things like this. I remember when we had a total eclipse in the UK, I was just a little girl and we had all of the snazzy cardboard glasses, so we could see it properly and everyone stopped what they were doing to watch it. Quite incredible when you think about it!

Is this taken from your home?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sadly, I had to work on Monday- so this was taken at work. @Lizzie. Not far from the house, though. 

In 2024 we're going to be in the Path of Totality here in Newburgh. Can't wait for that!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

As @Lizzie has said, this is a great photo @Ken28!

It appears that we'll have to wait for a little while for a total solar eclipse here in the UK. I've read that this will happen on September 23, 2090!

Quite a long wait don't you think? 🙂 

-----